Skin cancer doctor in BKK?

Metapod

Can anyone recommend a doctor/clinic in Bangkok to get some moles/spots checked? 

Ideally something that isn't on the high end like a private hospital, but still has experience and expertise in identifying and treating skin issues like skin cancer (probably not a common thing here)

27 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Institute of Dermatology near Victory Monument:

http://inderm.go.th/inderm_eng/indexeng.php

They have a whole lot of doctors. You'll have to check specialties.

Have you been before? What's the costs like? Are you sure they have someone specialized in skin cancer?

I'm looking for first hand recommendations here. Im not trying to Google and research all of the doctors from a random clinic you found online

Edited by Metapod

6 minutes ago, Metapod said:

Have you been before? What's the costs like? Are you sure they have someone specialized in skin cancer?

I'm looking for first hand recommendations here. Im not trying to Google and research all of the doctors from a random clinic you found online

Yes, I went there for a different skin condition. The doctor (Dr. Bensachee) I first met at Bumrungrad told me to see her at the Skin Institute because it would be cheaper. It was. I don't remember the fees but it's government run and not expensive.

It's not hard to skim through their panel of doctors. Or maybe you could call and ask the help line for a recommendation based on your symptoms. Btw, skin cancer is not uncommon in Thailand so you'll find experienced doctors.

Dr. Parichat Chalithapong, she works at a few different locations though the week but I would see her at the St. Louis Hospital on Sathorn Road, Dr. Parichart has a brisk no-nonsense manner which some people quite like but which puts off others. I really liked her, she is well known in the field and the St. Louis Hospital is reasonable and Expat friendly. And yes I have been a patient of hers and also Dr. Wichai Hongcharu in the same department.

10 years ago visited this doctor at Bumrungrad ''Assoc.Prof.Dr. Niyom Tantikun'' where he treated me for some precancerous spots on my nose.

Recently visited him again for a suspected cancerous growth on my forearm.

Edited by userabcd