Tourism sector will only start recovering next year, say experts

all these are guesses at this stage as no one can definitively say when the corona virus will be eradicated. tourism flow will depend largely on that and with no medication or vaccination in sight, it is purely guess work which is not going to help anybody.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Simoneaux said:

Most foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter Thailand for most of this year.

I hope they allow those of us that live in Thailand and are held up in other countries to return to our homes very soon. 

Yep, many of us in the same position and I'm sure the same applies in other countries as well. It would be great of they actually gave some consideration to our predicament, but somehow I don't think we are on the radar at all. If I can get back in I think I will be inclined to stay in country with my wife until the pandemic has a vaccine or something. Seems like we have a few months at least before there is any chance of a return, though I would love to be mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

"Most foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter Thailand for most of this year," I hope he is wrong.

without foreign, non Chinese tourists

phuket/samui will not be able to hold out till next year

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeff Simoneaux said:

Most foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter Thailand for most of this year.

I hope they allow those of us that live in Thailand and are held up in other countries to return to our homes very soon. 

Yes I expect they will but the shortage of flights and the expense may be prohibitive.. Can't see airlines putting on flights with empty planes.. Msybe look to come by sea.. Yep I know virtually impossible. All depends on how long you want to come and stay for. Cargo boats take passengers. Six weeks from Europe but if you are staying for a long time msybe worth it.. Short trips as in a few weeks are msybe a long long way off. 

Good luck

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Businesses that have been severely affected by the Covid-19 outbreak, especially those that rely mainly on tourism in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC), are in dire need of support

Tell it to the boss, he's all for the EEC

6 hours ago, webfact said:

though it is believed that Chinese tourists may be allowed into the country by July as the number of infections in the country is under control.

sure and the Pope is catholic.... Thainess at its best

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-reopened-last-month-now-191224332.html

Wuhan reopened last month. Now, new coronavirus infections spark mass testing and renewed fears

the city government ordered Monday that all Wuhan residents be tested for the coronavirus within 10 days,,,

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-test-entire-population-11m-065318101.html

Wendy Tang

Wuhan to test entire 11m population as new cases raise fears of second coronavirus wave

Health authorities ordered every district in the city of 11 million to submit a detailed testing plan by Tuesday for their respective area. The ambitious plans will require all tests to be completed within 10 days.

Wendy Tang
Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1