Tourism sector will only start recovering next year, say experts

webfact

1 minute ago, Sean60 said:

God help us. Chinese. Dog eating with no manneres.

There will be no Vaccine available at least until mid 2021. The numbers will increase and we will see a second phase of lockdowns. 

2021 will go down the drains. 

Vaccine, your awaiting a vaccine. Hows that flu vaccine working out it doesn't cure the flu it only lessens the effects of it. If your scared stay inside your homes or apartments thats ok you can self isolate forever. But leave people alone who want to work and care for their families you think the money is going to last forever. Hows that 5000 baht handout working out good luck with that!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Realistic talk, generally min. a year before tourist will return.

Tourist returns, will depends on anti virus medicine or close to 100 percent covid control with health passport based on daily covid testing and quick test answers (the same day).

Stop these crazy temp controls and go to reliable covid control with testing, the temp controls are only catching people who are around 14 days in the seakness period, the sick people can go free around and spread the virus in 14 days when authorities are not testing and only base the control on temp control.

If they open the doors for the low level chinese tourist, before there is a reliable control over the covid situation, then I will still stay safe in my house and not go to the chinese tourist areas.

Edited by finnsk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I think Teerin has lost a few marbles, whilst on lockdown, if he thinks it will be anywhere near normal by that time !

Lift the booze ban and Curfew so we, restaurants, can work normal again

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Wishful thinking at best.....maybe in 10 years time....once they remove all the bars from Walking Street and make it “family friendly” ????????????????????????

EF69464F-C930-4B6C-8259-081D4A48A889.jpeg

they should close the beach for 10 years and let it heal

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

Yep, many of us in the same position and I'm sure the same applies in other countries as well. It would be great of they actually gave some consideration to our predicament, but somehow I don't think we are on the radar at all. If I can get back in I think I will be inclined to stay in country with my wife until the pandemic has a vaccine or something. Seems like we have a few months at least before there is any chance of a return, though I would love to be mistaken.

I will need to exit by the end of June, allowing the O-A Visa Extension to expire, then re-enter on Visa Exempt status to change to an "O Visa" for retirement. You can see my fear? Exiting and then, as a foreigner not allowed back in. (one might guess the reason = medical insurance a non-starter due to pre-existing conditions).

6 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I can avoid them in the suburbs of BKK, but not at the airports clogging everything up. I had of group of 8 older Chinese women pushing past me at security and immigration last year at Suvarnbhumi, some of them had BO too.

You poor dear, perhaps a few drops of 4711 on your mask may alleviate your suffering on your next pass through Swampy.

"Meanwhile, Teerin Tanyawattanakul, chair of the Chonburi Chamber of Commerce, said the agency has discussed the Phase 2 of the relaxation of measures with the provincial authorities, and is considering lifting restrictions on golf courses, parks, hotels, resorts, restaurants and tourist attractions in the province."

Discussion held. Unfortunately the provincial authorities weren't really listening. 

The Chinese will not be back anytime soon. Read the international press .... The authorities are trying to stop a second wave and already there are cases in Wuhan. They aim to test 11 million people in 10 days. The second wave of the Spanish flu was the deadliest. This is not not over, until it is over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dluek said:

Iceland plans to reopen foreign tourism next month by requiring all arrivals to either pay for a Covid test right after landing,

And if a test proves positive, is the whole plane load quarantined?

• Like 2

Since the Chinese yuan is pegged to the USD—at today’s overpriced Baht rate, I don’t believe millions of Chinese will bother to come.  Surely they can find better deals in their Cambodian colony...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Since the Chinese yuan is pegged to the USD—at today’s overpriced Baht rate, I don’t believe millions of Chinese will bother to come.  Surely they can find better deals in their Cambodian colony...

There are far too many of them to fit....

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

The Chinese will not be back anytime soon. Read the international press .... The authorities are trying to stop a second wave and already there are cases in Wuhan. They aim to test 11 million people in 10 days. The second wave of the Spanish flu was the deadliest. This is not not over, until it is over.

What news source is this Wuhan 2nd wave corona virus coming from?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

What news source is this Wuhan 2nd wave corona virus coming from?

check post #20 and additionally below

Reuters ---- https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-wuhan-kicks-off-mass-112806266.html

China's Wuhan kicks off mass testing campaign for new coronavirus

Yawen Chen and Ryan Woo
ReutersMay 13, 2020, 6:28 PM GMT+7
Edited by Mavideol
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

All the more reason to allow them to go on holiday me-thinks, spread it around and ruin other economies.

1 minute ago, at15 said:

asian countries who have it under control should be safe to come in june/july........china, korea, japan, taiwan, malaysia, lao, burma, cambodia, vietnam.

China, Korea and Japan all are struggling with the 2nd wave, why should they be safe to come

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't you just love this ludicrous thinking: "Most foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter Thailand for most of this year, though it is believed that Chinese tourists may be allowed into the country by July as the number of infections in the country is under control." Are the members of 'TCT' that naive to believe China's numbers and that they actually have the pandemic under control???

Well at least the guy is talking some sense on future tourist arrivals 

Maybe   coming next year

I can imagine most people in western countries  will looking at getting back to work than thinking about holidays for this year anyway

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

"Most foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter Thailand for most of this year," I hope he is wrong.

You might hope he's wrong and so do I for that matter but theres not a chance in hell foreigners from Europe will be allowed into Thailand in 2020. Not a chance.

When we do eventually come back in expect the restrictions to be onerous to a level that most wont bother I suspect

I've pencilled in November 2021 for a return hopefully

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WhyamIhere said:

Are the members of 'TCT' that naive to believe China's numbers and that they actually have the pandemic under control???

you must be new here... this being a normal behavior by TAT standards, they are not naive, just blind, deaf and s t u p xxx in other words morrons

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

I thought it was initially quite balanced until he started mentioning China having things under control (the demon might have but has still lost 100-200k souls) and that the predicted 2021 numbers will equal 2019. Only a viable vaccine could lead to that sort of spring back.

I for one will not go any hotel etc.. that caters for Chinese tour groups, seen enough phlegm, heard enough shouting, seen enough of them excrement, enough of spitting in the swimming pool, enough of bad manners.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure, sadly they will open it up to the Chinese for sure and hordes of them will come.

I bet Oct., Nov. and Dec. will show the greatest influx of Chinese for a 3 month period in the history of the country.

Sad but sooooooooooooo true.

6 hours ago, anfh said:

As I have said before, as far as Thailand is concerned, they have not, nor will they, blamed China for anything whatsoever. This is because China owns Thailand and controls the powers that be. China will insist their people are allowed back in, as they are pedaling the belief that the virus is a western disease etc. 
it will be interesting to see what Thailand does if the Chinese flood back in and, god forbid, the infection rate here shoots back up. No idea how Thailand will explain that. 

True!