Thai PM wants staggered hours to continue for traffic sake

webfact

2 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

But what about the vehicles here mostly m/c that don't bother with number plates?

It doesn't really matter -- as it will never happen. 

12 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

The headline states "continue with staggered hours" as far as i can see there have been no companies operating staggered hours.

Have been working in Greater BKK since the supposed lockdown started and apart from an initial 2 week period the traffic has been pretty normal.

He meant Staggering hours. This is so you can either stagger to your car from either overwork or over drinking.

1 minute ago, ParkerN said:

Too hard? Sorry.

Let me know if you would like me to dumb it down a bit for you...

It's OK, I got it.  So Bangkok has heavy traffic at rush hours because of the police and not because there is not enough mass transit, the road system is poor and there are too many cars.  Makes sense.  And that's why other major cities with more effective police forces don't have rush hours at all.  

Thanks genius, now I've seen the light!  Make the police better and the cars go away!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Thanks genius, now I've seen the light!  Make the police better and the cars go away!

I'm with you -- couldn't imagine how the police could make too many cars in too little space go away. But, ParkerN must have a magic solution. Hopefully, he'll 'dumb it down' for us mere mortals to digest.....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Another Prayut idea with little thought or planning as to how it would be implemented. 

I honestly don't think it is his idea. And you can't trust most people to work from home as this in itself takes discipline.