Trump calls Fauci remarks on risks to reopening schools, economy unacceptable

webfact

4 hours ago, Maybole said:

The child gets infected at school. It may be so mild as to be unnoticed, but in may infecct Grandpa and Granny who are more vulnerable.

Grandpa and Grandma are both in the high risk demographic and should continue to sequester themselves from the grandkids for their own good

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Dr. Fauci is not an expert on economics. True or false?

We should listen to experts in their various fields on important matters. True or false?

Specifically, what have I posted that leads you to make the accusaiton that I don't know the difference between social and physical science?

Which branch of economics?

Are you going to stick with neoclassical utility theories or let behavioral economics into the decision making?

People are afraid, I suspect the latter is going to present a bit of a problem.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which branch of economics?

Are you going to stick with neoclassical utility theories or let behavioral economics into the decision making?

People are afraid, I suspect the latter is going to present a bit of a problem.

Which branch of economics do you think Dr. Fauci is an expert in?

2 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Irrelevant, he’s not given advice on economics.

Tell me, we know who’s given the medical scientific advice, who is giving Trump the economic advice you insist he is taking into account?

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

No one has ever claimed Fauci is an expert on economics, which at the best is a guessing game as opposed to the science of medicine.

There may be a discipline of economics but it is not science based, mathematics comes into it but that is not economics. 

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Irrelevant, he’s not given advice on economics.

Tell me, we know who’s given the medical scientific advice, who is giving Trump the economic advice you insist he is taking into account?

1) If it's irrelevant, why did you ask?

2) I give up. Who?

24 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

1) If it's irrelevant, why did you ask?

2) I give up. Who?

It’s not irrelevant when you are arguing against Fauci on the basis of economics.

You argue Trump is taking economics into account but you don’t know if he’s received any economics advice or from whom he received it.

Your ‘what about the economics’ argument falls apart when you yourself can’t even identify what economics.

If you can’t produce the economics or the economist then you have no evidence to refute that Trump is simply ignoring medical science advice he doesn’t want to hear.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 8:46 AM, Mama Noodle said:

Dunno how you disagree with it. The US can not print any more money without winding in spending, and before you melt down, we can wind in spending AND have lower taxes. Stock markets are holding, showing confidence in recovery, but continued lockdowns and printing trillions of dollars will spook investors and could bring it all down. 

This is just as valid of a concern as the virus, and its not a viable long term strategy. 

It's been a strategy of the gov and federal reserve for years. 

Of course it's doomed to destroy the currency but why change now? 

Winding down spending has proven impossible for either party. That won't change at all. 

On 5/14/2020 at 7:24 AM, UbonThani said:

what science?

the virus kills old and sick

I heard a virologist talking about this virus. He said he’s never seen anything like it in his life, maybe the AIDS virus Was similar and we didn’t understand that for a long time. He also said this is a very SMART virus....in as much as it doesn’t kill everybody, because it would be killing itself. Think about that statement, very chilling. He also said it was highly contagious. And there may not be a vaccine in our lifetimes. Which means we will have to live with it all the time. Most of us on here are older anyway, but that isn’t a great scenario for our kids and families. We have never created a vaccine for a virus before.....hopefully ours will be the first. Be smart and safe people.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

Grandpa and Grandma are both in the high risk demographic and should continue to sequester themselves from the grandkids for their own good

Yes because all families where the grandparents live with the grandchildren (like the lower economic classes) have those resources to sequester from their grandchildren...maybe they can go back to the servants quarters....or perhaps the guest house out back....or maybe the pool villa where they can set up a temporary chalet....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptRon2 said:

I believe it was Hillary with no recollection, and Biden he just plain doesn’t remember the difference between his wife and his sister.

President Trump remembers pretty well, as a bunch of Democrats currently under investigation are about to find out.

typical trump supporter. Biden's wife and sister switched each others side, while on stage. You take a "truth" and then tell it in a misleading way. Shame on you! Can't you at least stay with the made up senile or sleepy name calling instead?

• Like 2