Roojai.com launches Thailand’s video claim service to support social distancing

Roojai.com launches Thailand’s video claim service to support social distancing

Customer safety and security-enhanced by 100% online insurance experience

100% online.png

Roojai.com, Thailand’s leading online car insurance platform, continues to innovate in the Thai insurance market by launching its video claim service that allows customers to record and report their incident without need to meet a surveyor. 

This latest enhancement to their service means customers can now complete every step of their car insurance experience, from buying insurance and inspecting their car to reporting their claim by themselves, without the need to meet an agent. It is a significant development that allows customers and staff to maintain social distancing rules, while also being able to protect their vehicle.

Now, when customers need to make a claim, they can use the Roojai Mobile App to report an incident. Through the app, the customer will connect to a claim agent who will walk them through the process, advising what needs to be recorded to ensure the claim is made correctly.

Mr Nicolas Faquet, Roojai.com’s Chief Executive Officer and Founder said: “The COVID-19 outbreak has changed the way people behave, as they try to reduce physical contact. We must respond to these changes while also providing an efficient and effective service our customers expect. 

“Our technology gives us a distinct advantage over traditional insurance providers as it enables us to introduce new services that meet changing customer needs quickly. Adding video claims to our existing services mean customers now have a 100% online insurance experience, with the reassurance of talking to a customer service agent when they need. We still prefer to send a surveyor for difficult cases, but for minor accidents, video reporting is our channel of choice for fast and safe service.”

Video Claim.png

Renewing or buying insurance during the current COVID-19 situation has also proved difficult for customers, as some providers have experienced delays when issuing policy documents or making agents available. Roojai.com’s online service overcomes these issues as agents can be contacted via the app, and e-documents are automatically produced and can be downloaded instantly. Online purchase of a new insurance policy can be completed within a few minutes.

The Roojai Mobile App is the only platform where customers can update personal information, check policy status, payment status. Other things customers can do through the app are video car inspection, request Roadside Assistance Service, report an accident, get Roojai Rewards and redeem online vouchers.

“We are committed to protecting both customers and Roojai.com staff during this time, as we aim to prevent the virus from spreading without compromising service quality,” said Nicolas.

100% online.png

• Like 1

I wonder what permissions this app requires or takes when it is installed?

I can see a benefit in an accident if cars get moved to the side of the road rather than blocking traffic whilst the drivers wait for the reps to arrive. 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 12:51 PM, Don Mega said:

one of my vehicles is with them and due for renewal in November.... they call me atleast 10 times a day and as many sms messages and emails as well.

I will go with another company as the constant harassment for a renewal not due for 2 months is off the charts.

I  insured both my chevvies with them then had an accident where someone drove into the back of me, they sent someone out to my condo to make a report, their agent didnt do soemthing correct so when I went to get it fixed at Hua  Hin dealer they wanted to do the process  all  again, told em to eff  off and wont insure with them again, they are the cheapest, they wasted so  much of my time, accident happened 4  months ago and only tomorrow is FINALLY getting the work done, which is  just a new  bumper, a VERY simple  job, they also give LOW  maximum cover  but you can increase it ie 550k total  payout  for total  loss can be increased to 650k for a very small  amount.

And  YES they call and call and call and call, Wife told em to stop  bluddy  calling her.

Oh yes AND we  have to pay the garage  fixing it UP  FRONT then claim it  back off roojai...............krap

Edited by bodga
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, teevee said:

I have used them for 3 years with one claim handled very well. To date for me, a very good outfit.

Their app is worth having as it reports the location - very useful if uour Thai is not very good.

PRESS 2  for English on their answerphone service gets you someone you cant undertsand and they really dont speak English at  all, was my experience on numerous  calls to them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bodga said:

I  insured both my chevvies with them then had an accident where someone drove into the back of me, they sent someone out to my condo to make a report, their agent didnt do soemthing correct so when I went to get it fixed at Hua  Hin dealer they wanted to do the process  all  again, told em to eff  off and wont insure with them again, they are the cheapest, they wasted so  much of my time, accident happened 4  months ago and only tomorrow is FINALLY getting the work done, which is  just a new  bumper, a VERY simple  job, they also give LOW  maximum cover  but you can increase it ie 550k total  payout  for total  loss can be increased to 650k for a very small  amount.

And  YES they call and call and call and call, Wife told em to stop  bluddy  calling her.

Oh yes AND we  have to pay the garage  fixing it UP  FRONT then claim it  back off roojai...............krap

Why someone from roojai doesn't here reply concerning this issue ?

I can accept any reason, but I want a reply.

On 5/19/2020 at 4:35 PM, salsajapan said:

Is this insurance company any good ?

I have using the service for few year, but never had a chance to claim from them. The vehicle inspection and documentation process is easier to be done via online service. I am happy to use their service since they have a good customer service in English. 

19 hours ago, bodga said:

Dear bodga,

We will ask you privately for your insured name, to verify the case.

8 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Dear bodga,

We will ask you privately for your insured name, to verify the case.

Too  late  policy renewed  elsewhere, your  company wasted so  much of  my time, your representative the first time failed to give us a  copy of the claim  report in Bangkok, the second one in Hua  Hin failed to show up at the dealership on time waited over an hour for them to finally arrive as agreed because  a member of  your staff didnt inform them of the meeting arranged 4  days previously despite me driving 40km to get to the dealership. and then wanted  all the accident details  again that id  given your company in Bangkok already..

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bodga said:

Too  late  policy renewed  elsewhere, your  company wasted so  much of  my time, your representative the first time failed to give us a  copy of the claim  report in Bangkok, the second one in Hua  Hin failed to show up at the dealership on time waited over an hour for them to finally arrive as agreed because  a member of  your staff didnt inform them of the meeting arranged 4  days previously despite me driving 40km to get to the dealership. and then wanted  all the accident details  again that id  given your company in Bangkok already..

Dear bodga,

We will have to assume which is the case, but we are guessing it's the one we already discussed with your wife on Facebook.

The surveyor didn't gave your wife the claim document at the accident scene in Bangkok because the third-party already left the scene, and it wasn't possible to confirm that you were not at fault. Since your policy was purchased with a 5,000 THB excess, the surveyor suggested to get a police report for you to avoid paying the excess. The police report confirmed that you were not at fault and the claim handler called your wife to arrange a meeting to give you the document. Your wife requested to meet in Hua Hin and a location for the appointment was agreed. Unfortunately there seems to have been some miscommunication, and our staff and you were waiting at two different locations. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the repair process timeline:

- 12/11/2020  You drove to Ford Rungcharoen Bangkok to open the repair and on the same date we received the quotation from Ford Rungcharoen
- 13/11/2020  We approved the repair quotation and sent it back to Ford Rungcharoen

- 25/11/2020 Ford Rungcharoen ordered 5 spare parts to Chevrolet Thailand
- 17/12/2020 All the parts were arrived Ford Rungcharoen. As you may be aware Chevrolet doesn't sale or manufacture in Thailand and searching for the parts may take longer than usual

- 25/12/2020 Ford Rungcharoen notified you that the parts were arrived. You wanted to repair on 30/12/2020 but Ford said better to repair on 04/01/2021 because they were closed for New Year

- 04/01/2021 You drove the car for the bumper replacement and the repair should be done today or tomorrow.

We apologize if our service was not up to your expectations, but from this timeline it seems there was a miscommunication issue between your wife and our staff on the meeting for the documents delivery. The surveyor did everything correctly at the scene. He wanted to wait for the police report, for you to avoid paying the excess. 

Regarding the long wait for the repair, we approved the repair one day after we received it. The problem is that Chevrolet doesn't manufacture in Thailand anymore. That's why many insurance companies stopped covering Chevrolet vehicles.

Apologies again and best wishes,

The Roojai.com team

Edited by Roojai
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have just changed our insurance to Roojai, they offered much better terms and cheaper. I particularly liked the 5,000,000thb third party cover, the renewal from my previous company cut it down to 1,000,000thb  

The guy came to inspect the car, he was very friendly, efficient and explained quite a few things about the policy to my wife. Noted three small problems which I will sort out myself at a later date, they have been like it for three years now anyway. He also noted that the registration number was wrong, instead of 1454 it was shown as 1545 even though Roojai had been sent a copy of the Blue Book. 

Fortunately I made a copy of the Car Inspection Report sheet.   When I checked, using the app, I noticed that the Car Inspection Addendum Sheet was completely wrong.  I also noted that the vehicle registration number on the Roadside Assistance Service Contract Schedule stated 1545 instead of 1454.

I reported these problems on Saturday via the app. It is now Monday evening and I note that on the Roadside Assistance Service Contract Schedule the registration number has been changed to 1454, but the errors on the  Car Inspection Addendum Sheet  remain, I hope that I don't have problems sorting this out.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the details that are on the app and the fact that you can see all the associated paperwork and download if you wish.

We have a second vehicle due for re-insurance soon and will consider this company again if I get the outstanding problem sorted easily and quickly.

As my wife is named second driver I guess that it will be better if she downloads the app on her phone as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I wonder if Roojai ever read this forum.

Yesterday whilst driving to Kanchanaburi from Nonthaburi a stone hit the windscreen and made just a little more than a chip.

Talked to Roojai today to see the options as we have to pay the first 3000Baht of any claim and see we will loose 10% of our NCD.

We can go to a Ford garage to get it changed but will have to haggle to get the expensive window film changed.

Preferable option is for me to pay for a repair… about 750-1000 Baht. Asked if I did this and it later failed what would happen…didn’t really get a reply.

Anyone any experience of screen repairs and what my preferable option.   Is …tks

Late extra … Roojai just phoned my wife and told her if I get it repaired myself then at the insurance renewal I must declare it and the if it fails at a later date I can claim for a new screen … seems chance of win-win.