Hua Hin: Two big malls are ready to open if allowed

webfact

Hua Hin: Two big malls are ready to open if allowed

6pm.jpg

Picture: Ban Muang

Ban Muang reported that an inspection team of health officials and police inspected Blupoint and Market Village malls in downtown Hua Hin yesterday.

Both malls are ready to receive customers should restrictions prohibiting their opening be lifted.

Everyone, both staff and customers, must wear masks and there is plenty of hand sanitizer and temperature checks.

Thais and foreigners can register using QR codes entering their ID and telephone numbers.

Cleaning of items that are frequently touched will take place every thirty minutes including rails, barriers and ATM keypads.

download.jpg

Picture: Ban Muang

Lifts and toilets have been fitted with automatic disinfecting machines. 

Restaurants have limited their tables and spaced them out to allow for social distancing. 

Utensils can be disinfected using hot water. 

Cashiers at food courts will wear masks and shields. 

Car parking cards are being disinfected. 

Prajuab Khirikhan has had no new cases of coronavirus for 40 days. They had seventeen, two of which died and 15 have gone home. 

Source: Ban Muang

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

Lifts and toilets have been fitted with automatic disinfecting machines. 

have you ever been to Terminal 21 Bangkok where the seats are heated and they automatically spray your read end? i love that.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'Thais and foreigners can register using QR codes entering their ID and telephone numbers. '

Register for what?

Will you now have to be tracked if you want to go shopping?  It may be a good idea....but I can not see why.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

have you ever been to Terminal 21 Bangkok where the seats are heated and they automatically spray your read end? i love that.   

You have most definitely been in isolation too long................Pleeeease open the malls.....NCC is losing it........FAST :crazy:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, greeneking said:

'Thais and foreigners can register using QR codes entering their ID and telephone numbers. '

Register for what?

Will you now have to be tracked if you want to go shopping?  It may be a good idea....but I can not see why.

HomePro in Market Village requires you to write down your name and phone number when entering and then telling them your phone number again on the way out.  I guess they want to be able to do contact tracing if somebody comes down with it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

HomePro in Market Village requires you to write down your name and phone number when entering and then telling them your phone number again on the way out.  I guess they want to be able to do contact tracing if somebody comes down with it.

Lets see how many days this lasts for.

There will be one store with customers and that's the one that didn't close - the food store.

Nobody needed to register at the food shops and there wasn't a problem.

I have a feeling they think the masses will all rush out shopping when the rest of the shops open again - they're going to be in for a big surprise when nobody turns up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greeneking said:

Register for what?

My name will be Karel de Grote, with a fake number, if they need an ID, I'll turn around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Lets see how many days this lasts for.

There will be one store with customers and that's the one that didn't close - the food store.

Nobody needed to register at the food shops and there wasn't a problem.

I have a feeling they think the masses will all rush out shopping when the rest of the shops open again - they're going to be in for a big surprise when nobody turns up.

And when you go to Watsadu, you don't need anything, everybody make there own rules for nothing, yes to radiate authority.

Give them a uniform.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mwbrown said:

I was asked this for the first time at a Home pro in Pattaya yesterday. Considering they have been open throughout,  barring a couple of days, and did not require it last week it seems a bit late. I asked why they wanted my phone number and when they could not explain they let me in anyway..........

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

My name will be Karel de Grote, with a fake number, if they need an ID, I'll turn around.

you do know that this will be expanded to include virtually every facet of society right ? good luck going anywhere or doing anything in the coming years without it. 

it is decision time in life for many people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mr mr said:

you do know that this will be expanded to include virtually every facet of society right ? good luck going anywhere or doing anything in the coming years without it. 

Not a chance, I'd give it no more than a week.

so today at Home Pro Hua Hin they had the front of the store sealed off like they were expecting zombies to try to get into the store. Everyone forced together to one entrance and one table where a nice lady asked for my phone number. That has not happened in a long time. :clap2:Anyway i gave it to her. she put it into the computer and did not ask for my name. i am in their computer system. but they did ask the farangs next to me for their names. if only immigration could be like Home Pro.     

anyway i was surrounded by no less that three nice helpers looking for water filters. they just stared at me the whole time. they were trying to be helpful.  

upon leaving the store I was asked again for my phone number. i have to assume this was to establish the duration i was in the store for tracking who comes into contact with whom. it will be interesting to see where this is going. 

the third floor was also open for the IT shops. JIB, Banana, Samsung and small shops. 

PEA was still closed as was the Kids Land play area near the theaters. it was so peaceful and quiet.   

Edited by NCC1701A

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Thing is, your not waiting for them to open so you can shop, your waiting for the opening, so you can eye ball the eye candy.

Possibly pickup 1 up.:cheesy:

mission accomplished.

no actually i really needed my water filters replacements. 

no time for the old in out.   

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

We do not use public toilets for our bowel movements. When we must poo-poo something it is done with a wave of our hand. 

21 hours ago, greeneking said:

Register for what?

I would never go into any Mall that asked for that.

18 hours ago, mwbrown said:

I noticed many at Home Pro were giving completely fictitious tel no’s such c111111111 and walking off! 

22 hours ago, greeneking said:

Register for what?

Already doing that at home pro. Check you in and check you out! My gf does it not me!

On 5/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, mr mr said:

I guess folks can make the decision on whether to go back where they came from if they don't want this but I believe if you purposely mislead Thailand with this type of information you may be thrown out anyways..

Unless I’m not aware of something but if you have an iPhone you can only put an app on it from the Apple app store and if like me your registered with the uk or other foreign App Store then you cannot download it from the Thai App Store. And before someone tells me to change to the Thai store you cannot unless your credit card is based in SE Asia or the USA.

Yes Home Pro asks you to write down your phone number in a ledger even though many of us are members and your member number is your phone number. Im irritated by even the concept and could have just given a fake number I voted with my feet and walked out. There's plenty of other stores without another deterrence to the customer....They just can't seem to grasp the concept that we have choice ! Oh yeah and no plastic bags either but they'll give you a cardboard box ..

This morning’s experience does not auger well for me coming here very often. Market Village was reasonably busy but long queues to enter which standing there in some heat with my face mask steaming up my glasses to enter my particulars in their registration book didn’t go down well to the fact I almost walked straight out again. However off to Tesco to find you have got to do the whole thing over again which you didn’t need to do when we actually had a lockdown. Anyway I told my wife I wasn’t going in which led to a bit of a heated conversation so she didn’t either. Then upstairs to the top floor for something I needed to find the same thing in most of the larger shops which was now becoming tedious and when I mildly  protested at the shop I needed something from they let me in anyway to which I thanked and apologised to them for my attitude but if this is going to be the way of shopping for the foreseeable future then I’m staying out of these places. 

• Like 2