TAT targeting tech savvy young tourists as New Normal means less visitors and more domestic tourism

webfact

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

Another scintillating idea from the TAT. I am guessing someone in the upper echelons there Googled 'Generation Y' and thought this should be our new target. 

And you say that is a problem, when billions baht leave the country to japan,s.korea,Indonesia,malaria etc.

The idea is very logical, but how will they do it????

1 hour ago, chowny77 said:

Basically they are after digital nomads. Wasn't it a few years ago that they were kicking these people out for not having Thai work permits?? I think it's about time that Thailand reverses this draconian law and allow people to work in any job if they have the knowledge or skill. It's not difficult and I expect more foreigners are likely to pay tax rather than their Thai counterparts. 

I was thinking the same exact thing, but if they only come for a two week or so vacation why in the H E Double toothpicks would they want to work.  What is wrong with TAT, they seem to have all kind of dreamer Ideas....Why not Just let all of the movie companies roll back in and film freely around Thailand.  It would put locals to work as far as extras and food services, along with hotels.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chowny77 said:

Basically they are after digital nomads. Wasn't it a few years ago that they were kicking these people out for not having Thai work permits?? I think it's about time that Thailand reverses this draconian law and allow people to work in any job if they have the knowledge or skill. It's not difficult and I expect more foreigners are likely to pay tax rather than their Thai counterparts. 

Well the usual TVF BS has gone overboard, looking for any misinterpretation they can find.

Where in the text does it mention anything about working?

The implication is that financially independent tourists(FIT) that have jobs in the high tech sector would have more money to spend during their holiday than the average punter, a fairly reasonable observation to the less xenophobic.

Time to try understanding what gets said before jumping to conclusions and posting garbage.

• Like 2

They should loosen visas as they were before 2014 at least for a few years.

But aren't these news in the media sometimes directed at Chinese ?
"Send us wagons of tourists or we will let backpackers back in"

• Like 2