Foreigner arrested for breaking curfew in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

No they just saw an idiot who cares only about himself.

Yes, he must have spread a lot of covid-19 around late at night while driving in his car.

A lot of people are going stir crazy and behaving erratically. He provided some entertainment for cops with nothing to do.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, andy72 said:

managed to toss the drugs then lucky him
Polish double headed eagle by the looks of it 
Right wing neo nazi going by the tats
 writing at top is Cyrillic

I noticed that as well. Slavic country then. I know which one I'd bet my bottom rouble on.????

Edited by jastheace
grammar police improved.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:
9 hours ago, brokenbone said:

no, i was driving around in pattaya after 11 desperate for food a couple of months ago,

i knew nothing about some ban vs just being outdoors trying to survive famine.

it was only the extremely empty ghost town that got me wondering if it was actually a ban in place

With more likes than your +2700 posts on these hallowed pages, it's pretty amazing that you were unaware of what was happening only "a couple of months ago".

He certainly couldn't remember about the curfew "a few" months ago, because there wasn't any at that time.

The curfew started only last month

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

He certainly couldn't remember about the curfew "a few" months ago, because there wasn't any at that time.

The curfew started only last month

i just found a notice i did when i saw no humans, 4/3/2020

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

PLEASE punish this guy with the full extent of the law. 

16 hours ago, transam said:

Why.......

I was intrigued as to what the punishment would be. Likelihood is a bit of money and off he he goes free. I would like at least that he learns a lesson, deportation would be on my list of considerations. He has broken a law, presumably cannot show a valid reason for breaking the curfew, and as a foreigner he can be deported if he breaks Thai laws. Also he refused to stop for police and attempted to escape. I hope they check his status here as he claims to be working.  I think people should be more mindful of the regulations in these times. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Can he stop a bullet?

For a trained person to relieve a thai cop of his pistol would be very easy...1 they would never expect it and 2 they are very poorly trained ... there very well trained at opening brown envelopes that's about it.....

• Haha 1

Examples of the punishment not fitting the crime are not confined to Thailand by any means.  Thailand has some pretty good contenders in the "I don't believe it!" category (particularly when it comes to traffic accidents involving persons of "influence" and their relatives).

Even the bastion of justice that is the UK, can come up with bewildering, irrational and often outrageously lenient sentencing.  I realise the Covid-19 scenario is presenting new offences and consequently, little in the way of precedent.  I found these two cases to be a prime example.  Is it me, or is there maybe a hint of inequity here?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-52670325

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/crime/drug-dealer-spared-prison-spend-lockdown-family-milton-keynes-2853206 

A friend commented that if he gave me a lift to the corner shop, we would be done, unless we had a stash of class A drugs in the car.

Edited by phetchy

On 5/15/2020 at 9:19 AM, Whackjob said:

For a trained person to relieve a thai cop of his pistol would be very easy...1 they would never expect it and 2 they are very poorly trained ... there very well trained at opening brown envelopes that's about it.....

Apart from poor training, most of them seem to be half asleep most of the time. They move and think very slowly.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:19 AM, Whackjob said:

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Apart from poor training, most of them seem to be half asleep most of the time. They move and think very slowly.

You would be surprised how quick they would cap you if they had to,

that is unless you are a One of those Special Op’s Guys  (Plenty on TV) !

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

You would be surprised how quick they would cap you if they had to,

that is unless you are a One of those Special Op’s Guys  (Plenty on TV) !

They didn't cap the guy who lead them on a chase. 

• Sad 1