Flights can start landing in Phuket from Saturday

snoop1130

Flights can start landing in Phuket from Saturday

By The Nation

800_cd70fa95100c566.jpeg

Phuket International Airport will be open for flights from 1am on May 16 in compliance with the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee’s resolution.

Chula Sukmanop, director general of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), announced the terms and conditions for takeoffs and landings on Thursday (May 14), which includes getting passengers to submit all their details so they can be tracked in case of a Covid-19 infection.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387848

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-14

16 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Does that mean that the curfew will be lifted at 23:59 on May 15?

People with valid flight tickets were never affected by the curfew in Phuket. This would work the same way for arrivals.

I doubt you are likely affected by the announcement anyway.

• Like 1

I mean, this morning I read in Thethaiger that the airport is confirmed to be opening tomorrow. This afternoon I get a call from the airline telling the airport is closed and my flight out is cancelled.
I think they meant there are no fly-outs. But only flights-in.

Anyone knows?

12 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

I mean, this morning I read in Thethaiger that the airport is confirmed to be opening tomorrow. This afternoon I get a call from the airline telling the airport is closed and my flight out is cancelled.

Anyone knows?

They're wrong. The airport is definitely opening but it's possible they've rescheduled the flight. When is your flight?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

Anyone knows?

I have just read that the opening of Phuket Airport has been cancelled indefinately. Any thai readers out there?

IMG_20200515_152514.jpg