BANGKOK
billd766

Matayom 4 entrance exams

My son and my neighbours daughter have to take an entrance exam to get into M4.

They were supposed to take it March but Covid-19 got in the way and the next target date is supposedly in June.

Does anyone know if and where I can download some old exam papers to take at home to improve their chances?

Any help will be much appreciated by me but probably not by them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Exam 7 next month! But if kids go school in your area they can't deny any student. Different if apply some famous school in different area. Exam depens what kind program they apply. All have different exam. Here whit thai. Hope help little .

unnamed.jpg.0bf86b1f05f1ea787e888890b204dd19.jpg

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Exam 7 next month! But if kids go school in your area they can't deny any student. 

Yes they can:

Admission to the school is mainly through examinations, although there are also designated quotas for students with specific abilities and achievements. The examination process is highly competitive; over 10,000 students applied for 1,100 available seats in the 2019 academic year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triam_Udom_Suksa_School

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Yes they can:

Admission to the school is mainly through examinations, although there are also designated quotas for students with specific abilities and achievements. The examination process is highly competitive; over 10,000 students applied for 1,100 available seats in the 2019 academic year.

They can't , depens your address!!! System can't explain to farang lol.

Many kids address is in different place where they apply school and that is problem. Like i say txt before if you apply famous school or outside your area where is your HOME address then can deny! Normaly Thailand every kids can and have to go school. But ticket is not huge if not go! If parents so stupid. 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

They can't , depens your address!!! System can't explain to farang lol.

Many kids address is in different place where they apply school and that is problem. Like i say txt before if you apply famous school or outside your area where is your HOME address then can deny! Normaly Thailand every kids can and have to go school. But ticket is not huge if not go! If parents so stupid. 

I know the system. You didn't explain right, you said: Different if apply some famous school in different area.

You can be refused by a famous school in the same area too.

5 hours ago, uncleP said:

Triam udom?

What don't you understand?

14 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Exam 7 next month! But if kids go school in your area they can't deny any student. Different if apply some famous school in different area. Exam depens what kind program they apply. All have different exam. Here whit thai. Hope help little .

unnamed.jpg.0bf86b1f05f1ea787e888890b204dd19.jpg

Thank you for that. I will get my son to translate later.

They actually go to school in the next district and have done for the past 3 years and that is 15km away. We got them in there as that school offered a mini English language program.  In our district there is only 1 senior school which I don't think is as good as the one they are in now.

13 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Yes they can:

I am sorry. I should have said that we live in rural Khampaeng Phet. Your link is for Bangkok.

58 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thank you for that. I will get my son to translate later.

They actually go to school in the next district and have done for the past 3 years and that is 15km away. We got them in there as that school offered a mini English language program.  In our district there is only 1 senior school which I don't think is as good as the one they are in now.

Good luck 👍. Let your son explain what mean happening in 12 next month. But if exam goes great that day dosent matter to him 😉

The school they want to get into should have a website.  It will be the name of the school .ac.th.  Unless the website manager is not working due to Coved19, the webpage should have news and announcements, including the date and location of the next admission tests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, otherstuff1957 said:

The school they want to get into should have a website.  It will be the name of the school .ac.th.  Unless the website manager is not working due to Coved19, the webpage should have news and announcements, including the date and location of the next admission tests.

Thank you for that. I will get my son to see what is happening.

They chance schedule again so watch situation!

• Thanks 1