Samsung J7 not loading emails

Sheryl

All of a sudden, I think after an automatic update, my Samsung J7 no longer downloads emails from any of my accounts.

No change to account server settings and they are correct.

I have tried turning phone off and back on, changing sync options, all to no avail. I can send emails but not receive them.

Extensive web search mostly turned up advise not for J7 referencing menu options J7 does nto have.

The only thing left is to remove and reinstall accounts and I really, really don:t want to do that as it will erase all my emails.

Antone else had this issue on a J7?

Samsung built in

All was fine for a few years then this just started

Each time I open the app it starts to look like it is syncing but then stops. Sends fine.

I haven:t been able to download an email on it for several weeks now.

Only as a workaround, but have you considered installing a catch all mailbox ? Something like outlook or gmail on to the phone that will retrieve the email from everywhere/anywhere for you ?

You can then send them back out whichever way you choose.

Just a suggestion

(Got two J7Pro here but not experienced either, sorry)

Can:t be sure a different email client would fare any better. Depends on what is causing this. It would still have to download.

Also prefer not to add more apps if I can avoid it - storage space issue

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Samsung built in

All was fine for a few years then this just started

Each time I open the app it starts to look like it is syncing but then stops. Sends fine.

I haven:t been able to download an email on it for several weeks now.

So your emails are being saved on the Samsung servers, not on your device, because they haven't been downloaded to the device yet...

Have you tried going into the Apps settings and force quittng and then restarting the Samsung "Email" app?  Or going to the same app setting menu and disabling and re-enabling the app... Or disabling and then downloading a new version of the Samsung app from the Google Play Store...

Usually some kind of resetting process solves these kinds of problems.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I use the Samsung email app but Samsung is not the server. Not sure there is such thing as a aSmsung server.

My server is working fine, I can get my emails on my computer. They just are no longer downloading on my phone. It doesn't sync.

I hadn't thought of force quitting it since not a problem to quit in normal. way. But just tried it anyhow. No effect.

Interestingly, the "Disable*"option is disabled.  Same is true of some other pre-installed apps.

When you've got an app problem, you can always clear cache in the app settings, and that won't remove or impact your particular app settings / log in ID / password, etc...

If that doesn't work, the next step can be to use the similar located "Clear Data" button, which will remove your personalized info for that particular app, but not the app itself.

Then the next step after that would be to uninstall and reinstall the app (in other cases). But that's harder to do when the app in question is a built-in version that the phone manufacturer has baked into the OS.