School owner gets death penalty for fatally beating one of his students

webfact

School owner gets death penalty for fatally beating one of his students

Kru-P-Nut.png

27-year old Natthaphol Thavornpibul, the owner of the Ban Phi Nath military cadet tutorial boarding school in Nakhon Sawan province, was sentenced to death today, by the Nakhon Sawan provincial court, after being found guilty of beating and killing one of his students with a baseball bat.

His wife, Mrs. Phiraya Palasen, and mother-in-law, Mrs. Nonglak Pala, were both sentenced to life in prison for aiding and abetting the fatal assault on the 14-year old boy, Thapakorn (Chaidaen) Sapsin.

Requests for bail for all 3 were rejected by the court. The victim’s mother reportedly found a note in the boy’s room at the school, complaining of being beaten frequently and expressing his desire to return home.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/school-owner-gets-death-penalty-for-fatally-beating-one-of-his-students/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just wondering, is there still executions taking place in Thailand? if there are, no one ever gets to hear about them unlike other countries, and if not, what's the point of the death sentence than?...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just wondering, is there still executions taking place in Thailand? if there are, no one ever gets to hear about them unlike other countries, and if not, what's the point of the death sentence than?...

Revenge. Prevent the individual from killing again. Because it's the Law. It's pretty well accepted that death sentences don't actually deter killing. It's a good question, though, because executions used to be reported. Maybe the junta decided to suppress the publication as a public relations measure.

Edited by Acharn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Could be the defendant and the prosecution couldn’t agree on a price…and the prosecution finally said ‘screw it’ and rolled out their big guns.

This malignant <deleted> may still have the opportunity to buy his way out, but the price has no doubt just gotten a lot higher. But if they do put him away…prisoners sentenced to death (I believe) get to wear heavy leg shackles 24/7…forever.

Hope so…..

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

is there still executions taking place in Thailand?

Last one was around June 2018; guy similar aged, killed someone during a robbery I think.

Edited by Salerno

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

The last execution carried out was 18 June 2018. That was the first for nine years.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thailand-carries-first-execution-9-years/

All you guys discussing this verdict and payoffs, etc. You need to research the original news articles about this school, the owner and his family.  I agree with the death penalty. Whether they carry it out or not, it'll make the other preparatory school's instructors, owners, family, etc. think twice about how they're administering discipline. The whole story is not told in the linked news article. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Thailand

7 executions by injection since 2003.  The last in 2018.  It is in use but very sparingly.

25 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Thailand

7 executions by injection since 2003.  The last in 2018.  It is in use but very sparingly.

After 26-year-old Teerasak Longji was executed at Bangkok’s Bang Kwang Central Prison by lethal injection for aggravated murder  June 18, 2018

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/06/19/officials-silent-on-thailands-1st-execution-in-9-years/

The reason for death penalty is he did not plead guilty and show remorse.  Might have got life if he had.

Corporal punishment used to be the norm when i was at school in the UK in the '60s. The cane and the slipper (a sports shoe) were common and it wasn't unusual to hear of severe beatings. Everything was okay under the in loco parentis ideas of the time. It again isn't unusual to hear old guys saying "when i was young..." as if today's kids are snowflakes. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

"During the trial, Natthaphol pleaded not guilty to all the charges, claiming that he merely punished the boy, like any teacher who needs to discipline their student," 

Absolute tragedy for the family of the boy.

It is beyond belief that anybody believes beating someone with a baseball bat, is a justified way of disciplining someone, and, even more so for someone with such authority.

R.I.P. young Thapakorn. 

This kind of Brutality is rampant in Thai Schools.

OK, maybe not to this degree of sadistic violence, but its there, in every School.

All too often we hear of Children being mistreated by their Teachers, either physically, Sexually or Mentally.

IMO, its only just one of the things for which Thailand should hang their Heads in shame, and until this kind of thing is stamped out, Thailand will always be a Banana Republic

yeah but was the kid really at the school at the time?

- or was he enslaved at the perp'n'wifes home, as a slave

like a General enslaves a Private... after all it here was regarding a Military Cadet school...

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:
15 hours ago, webfact said:

Requests for bail for all 3 were rejected by the court.

Amazing that you can be sentenced for life and have the audacity to ask for bail !

I'm just as amazed (and quite pleased) that bail wasn't granted.  

Hope they pull it through and get rid of such maniacs, once and for all. 

Yet another thing puzzled me and that is the existence of private military cadet tutorial boarding schools. In all fairness, who would send his kid to such an "educational" institute and pay money for it? I am not aware of such schooling institutes in Central Europe and hence kids go to schools where not defence and warfare is taught .............. Thailand would have definite space for improvements - me thinks! 

19 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Well, they should execute him with a baseball bat over the course of several days

Definitely, then strung up by his balls for a week while listening to Uncle Tuu singing one of his songs constantly 24 hrs a day then lowered gently down and shot, i think that should do the trick, seriously I think nothing is too bad for this cowardly bully!