BANGKOK
morning glory

Any Mail arriving from USA?

Has anyone received any letters or packages from the US recently? My daughter wants to mail me a package for my birthday, but I don’t know if it will be accepted here. She is going to ask her local post office to see if they will send it, but I thought I would check with folks here to see what their experience has been with US mail. A few weeks ago I tried to mail a letter to the US at the Thailand Post Office and they said the US is not accepting any mail from Thailand. Now I wonder if the reverse is true.           Thank you! Stay healthy everyone!

Mail is still arriving from the US. In another topic a member reported getting his stimulus check in the past few days. 

The US is still accepting mail from here. But Thai Post is only accepting surface mail since they cannot send out any mail by air due to Thai Airways not having any flights out of the country.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Mail is still arriving from the US. In another topic a member reported getting his stimulus check in the past few days. 

The US is still accepting mail from here. But Thai Post is only accepting surface mail since they cannot send out any mail by air due to Thai Airways not having any flights out of the country.

Thanks so much! Good to know that US mail is getting here. 😀

As for sending mail out, I had the impression from the Post Office staff that it was the USA that wasn’t accepting mail, but it makes more sense that it’s because of Thai not flying out right now. 

Been waiting 6 weeks for a parcel from USA. Last seen at the USPS SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 13 April. 😥

5 minutes ago, John435 said:

Been waiting 6 weeks for a parcel from USA. Last seen at the USPS SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 13 April. 😥

Uh oh....thanks for your report.

1 hour ago, John435 said:

If you have a tracking number from USPS you can track it on Thai post. http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

But it appears to be down at this time.

Two days ago I received an unregistered letter sent from Michigan and postmarked March 23.

7 minutes ago, Pawpal said:

Two days ago I received an unregistered letter sent from Michigan and postmarked March 23.

Thank you!

Over the lasts 10 days or so I got two pieces of first class mail envelopes from the US....took about 3 weeks to arrive; during normal times around 10-14 days.

• Thanks 1

Just today I received a letter from my credit union in Washington state postmarked March 23. Almost 7 weeks ago.

19 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Just today I received a letter from my credit union in Washington state postmarked March 23. Almost 7 weeks ago.

I hope delivery time will improve soon.

19 hours ago, Pib said:

Over the lasts 10 days or so I got two pieces of first class mail envelopes from the US....took about 3 weeks to arrive; during normal times around 10-14 days.

Good to know! Thanks

I have been expecting a letter from US mailed on 24 April. In 4 days it made it to a New York facility. Now finally yesterday tracking shows it made it across town to the Jamaica New York International facility. It sat there from the 28th til 16 May,,,,,,,,,,hopefully it will make a plane to Thailand soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

I have been expecting a letter from US mailed on 24 April. In 4 days it made it to a New York facility. Now finally yesterday tracking shows it made it across town to the Jamaica New York International facility. It sat there from the 28th til 16 May,,,,,,,,,,hopefully it will make a plane to Thailand soon.

Have you tried to check the Thai Post tracking for it? https://track.thailandpost.co.th/

It might have an update about if it has arrived here or is on the way.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you tried to check the Thai Post tracking for it? https://track.thailandpost.co.th/

It might have an update about if it has arrived here or is on the way.

thanks for that ,just checked my post from England ,has been stuck at heathrow since april 28th ,just arrived in Thailand ,yipee.