Any Mail arriving from USA?

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received 3 packets from the VARO, a letter from my sis and my US bank statement. I mailed out two register letters that have been in Thai PO for almost a month before being forwarded on to the US. not many airplanes available!

• Sad 1

I have just received 3 packets from the VARO, a letter from my sis and my US bank statement. I mailed out two register letters that have been in Thai PO for almost a month before being forwarded on to the US. not many airplanes available!

Just received an order of blank checks (free) from one of my US banks.  Harland Clarke which prints up checks for many/most banks mailed my check order 28 Jul 2020 out of Dallas using Deutsche Post Priority Air....received at my Bangkok residence via Thai Postal System today 8 Aug...just in my mailbox like any old mail. 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 10:03 AM, ubonjoe said:

Some states allow you to apply for absentee voting by email and receive your ballot the same way.

I did it that way in 2016 and the only thing I had to mail was my ballot and I mailed it to the embassy.

I can do it electronically in Montana, confirmed this morning, might want to check with your registrar:

You'll receive your ballot via email PDF. Closer to the election, you will receive an email with instructions on how to vote your ballot. UOCAVA ballots will be sent on September 18, so if you do not receive your ballot within those few days, let us know so we can remedy the problem.

The ballot may be returned electronically, using encryption to keep your vote secure. Then, we can receive it, process it, and count it.

Furthermore, you can track your ballot using the My Voter Page at https://app.mt.gov/voterinfo. Once ballots are mailed out, you can track your ballot status as it is processed and eventually voted.

Edited by MrKFC
  • 1 month later...

Can't provide any recent experience (like over the last month or so) regarding USA to Thailand mail, but as of 1 Oct 2020 a person can now once again use regular airmail Thailand to USA.   See below.  Nice to have this airmail service back as using EMS to the USA could get very expensive.

Edited by Pib
  • 2 weeks later...