Senior policeman transferred after causing Grab delivery driver to lose leg

webfact

Senior policeman transferred after causing Grab delivery driver to lose leg

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that a senior policeman in Buriram has been charged with negligent driving causing injury and damage and fleeing the scene of an accident.

The news comes after a Grab Food motorcycle delivery driver had to have his leg amputated after a collision with a car.

A registration plate with Buriram on it came off at the scene sparking a social media hunt for the driver who drove off without offering assistance.

Daily News did not name the man or his police station but said that an example was being made of the man for letting down the good name of the Royal Thai Police.

Spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattancharoen said yesterday that Buriram provincial commander Pol Maj-Gen Charnchai Pongohichitkun had ordered an immediate investigation with findings due in three days.

Meanwhile the police officer concerned has been transferred to an inactive post at Buriram police HQ.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-15

• Sad 7

8 hours ago, nikmar said:

the good name  of the Royal thai Police - wasnt an officer removed from duty recently for the sexual abuse of a girl whilst he was on duty?

he didn't have a leg to stand on... 

Unbelievable He hit a bike The guy lost his leg and the cop did a runner. My god and punishment Inactive  post. My god How can Thais have any respect for the RTP. Normal way  Breath tested  Officer stood down till investigation is over But leaving the scene would be instant dismissal. Thailand needs another police force to look after the police force it has now

• Like 2

11 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

So the police idiot doesnt get charged like everybody else.

"Spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattancharoen said yesterday that Buriram provincial commander Pol Maj-Gen Charnchai Pongohichitkun had ordered an immediate investigation with findings due in three days".

That's when he'll be charged.

Same in UK  ,, Sussex police has  ''Retired or Dismissed ''  67  officers in last 3 years  for Theft, Violence, Fraud and Sexual offences  including rape ,, only 4 were prosecuted  for any crimes the rapist  was  given a 2 year Suspended sentence .  put that accross the entire UK and your talking  hundreds if not thousands of police criminals,, other officers not included in that figure were disciplined   for similar offences but still working as police ....

11 hours ago, giddyup said:

Bet he wasn't breath tested.

Now how could he be breath tested if he fled the scene only leaving the license plate.....Oh your talking about the grab driver....good one..lol

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, ubon farang said:

Unbelievable He hit a bike The guy lost his leg and the cop did a runner. My god and punishment Inactive  post. My god How can Thais have any respect for the RTP. Normal way  Breath tested  Officer stood down till investigation is over But leaving the scene would be instant dismissal. Thailand needs another police force to look after the police force it has now

"Normal way [...] Officer stood down till investigation is over"

That's what has happened, inactive post is being stood down.  And then...

"Spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattancharoen said yesterday that Buriram provincial commander Pol Maj-Gen Charnchai Pongohichitkun had ordered an immediate investigation with findings due in three days".

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
21 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

"Normal way [...] Officer stood down till investigation is over"

That's what has happened, inactive post is being stood down.  And then...

But wait, in the USA you are suspended and loose all police powers and such until the investigation is complete.  You are then either fired or reinstated based upon the findings by internal affairs...

But, wait, this is Thailand and US rules do not apply here, neither are US rules necessarily to be assumed to be the most ideal! 

What makes you think that in an inactive post in Thailand the officer will be in any position to exercise his powers?

8 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

But, wait, this is Thailand and US rules do not apply here, neither are US rules necessarily to be assumed to be the most ideal! 

What makes you think that in an inactive post in Thailand the officer will be in any position to exercise his powers?

I know that he still has the ability to be a policeman here in Thailand, where in the US he or she does not.  How do I know this, well my former brother in law is a RTP Lt Colonel, and ex father in-law is a retired Judge.  It goes without saying that an inactive post here is just easy money and still having the perks they believe they all have.....I myself am a retired LEO commander from the US, so when it comes to internal affairs as well as suspensions I do know what I am talking about....

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

What makes you think he wouldn't be?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News did not name the man or his police station but said that an example was being made of the man for letting down the good name of the Royal Thai Police.

Wow, who knew that was a thing?

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Another great example of 'Thailand's Finest'.   In almost 14 years here i've yet to meet what i would call a 'Proper Policeman'.    Most just seem to be lazy bums that want an easy ride with no responsibility !

Whilst I agree with your post I do know a couple of good ones, but they are vastly outnumbered by the above.

23 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

transfered? is that like a holiday? Inactive post meaning all pay and no work? 

So the police idiot doesnt get charged like everybody else. He is promoted to pay without work. Inactive means cant run scams right? Sure that wont stop anyone from scamming...

I though inactive duty was playing with the traffic lights.

19 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Another great example of 'Thailand's Finest'.   In almost 14 years here i've yet to meet what i would call a 'Proper Policeman'.    Most just seem to be lazy bums that want an easy ride with no responsibility !

But they do have some responsibility, to themselves, who do you think collects the tea money?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

He will still have his uniform and GUN.