Samsung Note 4 problems

I have had problems with my phone the last days. Its is always hot all the time eventhough I am not using any apps. When I check the battery status i is always at 80 percent but does not show any apps open or sometime it says no info available. When charging to 100 percent it decreases to 30 percent within less than two hours. I have replaced the battery and same problem. What can be done here as I think sending to Samsung Center will be very costly.

My note-3 went through a similar phase, slow, hot, poor battery life.

I bit the bullet and did a factory reset and re-installed only the apps I use regularly.

Seems to have fixed the problem although I never really discovered what was going on.

YMMV.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

My note-3 went through a similar phase, slow, hot, poor battery life.

I bit the bullet and did a factory reset and re-installed only the apps I use regularly.

Seems to have fixed the problem although I never really discovered what was going on.

YMMV.

I did a factory reset two times as well but it did not help. Now I literally only have the apps provided by Samsung and still the same problem.

Edited by michaeltheR

9 minutes ago, michaeltheR said:

I did a factory reset two times as well but it did not help.

It's time to buy a new phone. Be thankful that one last 6 years, most don't. Lots of cheap mid range units out now will run circles around the old Note 4 technology. I had a Note 2 went the same way as yours but dumped that 5 years ago.

15 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

t's time to buy a new phone. Be thankful that one last 6 years, most don't.

you could say that twice, the phone i got pranked with was so useless i never bothered to use it beside the bank app that i have no way around of using, twas no point in disconnecting it from charger

since it was likely not going to make it til nightfall,

and the pathetic memory wasnt sufficient to keep it function properly

even when connected to charger

Edited by brokenbone

I bought 6 note 4's for resale in the states. 4 of the notes developed problems. I think it is something in the hardware & or software that caused the phones to have problems. I returned the 4's & went for the regular Samsung S5 & S6 galaxy & all the quirky problems went away. I wish I could tell you exactly what it is for you but like Crossy I never had a clue why any of the phones acted up- but deduced it was an inherent problem in thew Note 4's. They were all used in mint condition (on the exterior)

• Like 1