Chiang Mai: Chef stabs his ex to death in Korean restaurant kitchen before running semi naked through the streets

webfact

Chiang Mai: Chef stabs his ex to death in Korean restaurant kitchen before running semi naked through the streets

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Chiang Mai managed to arrest a 25 year old chef from the Tai Yai ethnic group after he stabbed his ex girlfriend in the chest five times in the kitchen where they both worked.

After the murder at a Korean style BBQ restaurant in Chang Pheuak Soi 4, Jathee Namelu ran through the streets dressed only in his underpants  covered in blood and carrying a bloodstained knife.

Residents were terrified but Chang Pheuak police managed to make a charge at the suspect and bring him down.

Daily News reported that Jathee had split up with his 17 year old girlfriend who also worked in the kitchen. She had another man and as the former couple tried to come to terms with this a violent encounter ensued.

The media said that the suspect ran through the streets shouting: "If I can't be good I'm going to be bad".

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-15

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

He isn't Korean or Chinese.   Being Shan, he's probably Burmese or Thai.

Thais, Shans, and Laotians are all ethnic Tai.

They had a kingdom, Nanchao in what is today Yunnan before being driven south by the armies of Kublai Khan.

Marco Polo and Chinese chronicles record the events

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, zeamonkey said:

Lockdown psychosis, spin it any way you want but this is just the beginning.

Not sure he was in lockdown if he was working? But he did disobey social distancing rules unless his arm and knife were longer than 1 metre.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, MisterTee said:
3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

He isn't Korean or Chinese.   Being Shan, he's probably Burmese or Thai.

Thais, Shans, and Laotians are all ethnic Tai.

I know.  

In the context of the OP, which is what was being discussed, being Tai Yai (i.e. Shan), he's probably Burmese or Thai.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

14 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

A chef in a Korean restaurant. Those Korean meatballs really are the dogs <deleted>.????

Not the best idea to keep working in the same kitchen when you split from him and got a new fella.. kitchens are dangerous places with a hot-headed chef...

RiP young lady.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:11 PM, garygooner said:

Usually it's best to cut all ties. Probably not the best idea to continue working together. 

That's why I've never dated at work. You still have to see and deal with these people after it goes south. Yeah there's that "we left on good terms, we're still good friends" business, but nah. I've seen the inevitable blow ups and drama left in its wake.

Speaking of drama, the wife was watching this one on Channel 3 about a young lady who recently got married, but still has the same job with the old BF as her boss.

It's horrible. She's subjected to such abuse. He yells at her and makes her do menial tasks over and over. Sometimes he's right up in her face. I ask the wife, what's his problem? Why does he treat her like that? She says it's because he still loves her. Huh? I'm like, why doesn't she just get a new job? She says come on, it's a TV show.

This is supposedly a popular show. This sort of thing is condoned. Sometimes there's like romantic, emotional music playing when he yells at her. It's painful and upsetting, I suppose more of this cultural rift I have yet to understand.

Now I just make sure to have the TV on another channel whenever it's on.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
clean up

On 5/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, kamma said:

If he's Shan than he's Shan. How can a Shan be Burmese? That's like saying Scottish is English.

"The major groups of Shan people are: Tai Yai (တႆးယႂ်ႇ) or Thai Yai (Thai: ไทใหญ่); the 'Shan Proper', by far the largest group, by which all Shan people are known in the Thai language." 

14 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

That's why I've never dated at work. You still have to see and deal with these people after it goes south. Yeah there's that "we left on good terms, we're still good friends" business, but nah. I've seen the inevitable blow ups and drama left in its wake.

Speaking of drama, the wife was watching this one on Channel 3 about a young lady who recently got married, but still has the same job with the old BF as her boss.

It's horrible. She's subjected to such abuse. He yells at her and makes her do menial tasks over and over. Sometimes he's right up in her face. I ask the wife, what's his problem? Why does he treat her like that? She says it's because he still loves her. Huh? I'm like, why doesn't she just get a new job? She says come on, it's a TV show.

This is supposedly a popular show. This sort of thing is condoned. Sometimes there's like romantic, emotional music playing when he yells at her. It's painful and upsetting, I suppose more of this cultural rift I have yet to understand.

Now I just make sure to have the TV on another channel whenever it's on.

I blame many mental issues, not only in Thailand but elsewhere, on the <deleted> aired in soap operas - a form of brain-washing IMO!

On 5/17/2020 at 9:13 AM, Prairieboy said:

I blame many mental issues, not only in Thailand but elsewhere, on the <deleted> aired in soap operas - a form of brain-washing IMO!

I agree, but it is everywhere, and I think western soaps lead the pack, Neighbors, Home and Away, Coronation street, Dallas, Dynasty, etc. etc. etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Next time you go to a 'Korean' restaurant, DO know that whoever is preparing your meal (with their hands on your food and unmasked face breathing on your food) is most definitely NOT Korean and most likely the absolute cheapest, uneducated workers the Korean owners could find to work for them!