Restaurant owner regrets hiring "desperate guy" on Facebook after he steals half a million baht

webfact

Restaurant owner regrets hiring "desperate guy" on Facebook after he steals half a million baht

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A restauranteur in Sattahip had to be supported by his relatives in a state of near collapse after a man to whom he showed kindness robbed him.

Sikarn, 50, look pity on "Boy" who contacted him on Facebook saying he was desperate for a job.

He offered him the chance to work in his restaurant. But on Wednesday Big said he was not feeling well and asked for a day off.

The kind hearted owner gave him the day off and even let him rest at his house on Thursday and gave him 100 baht to buy food.

He returned later in the day to find that 250,000 baht and two diamond rings had been removed from a safe and his Honda PCX motorcycle was missing.

It was all worth 500,000 baht and was money be could I'll afford to lose as times for restaurant owners were tough too.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-15

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No good deed goes unpunished is the saying......

yeah, either that or "A fool and his money are easily parted", I can't decide which!
It depends whether the guy had special skills to break into the safe, or whether he was given the code.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A restauranteur in Sattahip had to be supported by his relatives in a state of near collapse after a man to whom he showed kindness robbed him.

I take it that's the restauranteur in the middle of the photo? Don't get me wrong, but even with his face blurred he appears to me to have a big grin on his face.

Initially I assumed it was a photo of the thief showing no remorse for his ill-gotten gains.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jadee said:

yeah, either that or "A fool and his money are easily parted", I can't decide which!
It depends whether the guy had special skills to break into the safe, or whether he was given the code.

The safes on sale here at 2,000 upwards are easily opened.....even have it on YouTube and works everytime

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
19 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I never realised he'd visited that restaurant in Sattahip.

It was important to him as he met Earnest there.

Right, that must have been where Lady Bracknell lost ah, er, er, a handbag?

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He offered him the chance to work in his restaurant.

The kind hearted owner gave him the day off and even let him rest at his house on Thursday and gave him 100 baht to buy food.

I'm surprised he didn't let him roger his wife

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Sikarn, 50, look pity on "Boy" who contacted him on Facebook saying he was desperate for a job.

He offered him the chance to work in his restaurant. But on Wednesday Big said he was not feeling well and asked for a day off.

Who would have thought that his nicknames were "Big & Boy."

11 hours ago, jadee said:

or if he actually existed and its not an insurance scam

12 hours ago, Henryford said:

Did he give him the safe combination too?

These cheap safe boxes can be opened from the hole at the back and sometimes even hitting it at a right angle.

Edited by Timwin

23 hours ago, Henryford said:

Did he give him the safe combination too?

If he really wanted it to be safe, it should have been a combo and a key. Maybe Big/boy was actually a safe cracker... It all seems fishy to me.