Are You An Alcoholic?

Neeranam

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

TL:DR

Can't imagine anyone else could be bothered either.

I'm an old guy, it doesn't matter if I risk dying by taking more drink or drugs.

The missing bits of the evening only ever happened when I first arrived and drank Chang.

I actually 'missed' driving my m/c into a klong with my gf on the back.

Didn't believe her when she told me next day, but there was the m/c covered in mud.

Directly I changed to Leo the blackouts disappeared.

I only got to question number 6 all relevant so I’m guessing the rest are also relevant.As they say I don’t have a drinking problem...it comes easy no problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

They have an AA meeting there - why not go and tell them how good beer is and how you don't care about your drinking?

i am a sexoholic. that is why i live in a dry town.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Title of forum "I drink too much", not "I need help with my drinking problem".

OK. There's also an "I'm too fat forum" why not go there and talk about eating cream pies. 

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

OK. There's also an "I'm too fat forum" why not go there and talk about eating cream pies. 

I'm sorry none of us answered the thread the way you wanted.

We agree we drink too much (forum), we agree we're alcoholics (this thread).

But you don't like us being fairly comfortable with our lot.

Maybe your problem is bigger than ours?

PS. I'm not too fat, so that forum would be inappropriate for me.

Haven't had cream since I was in the UK 4 years back, I could really eat one now.

('cre eme' in Spanish means 'Trust Me', great song with that title by Maluma and Karol G out now)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You can't beat a beer and a joint.

But now you've got me thinking about drinking, and there's a bottle or rum in the kitchen.

beer and weed and music .. oh boy!!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm sorry none of us answered the thread the way you wanted.

We agree we drink too much (forum), we agree we're alcoholics (this thread).

But you don't like us being fairly comfortable with out lot.

Maybe your problem is bigger than ours?

PS. I'm not too fat, so that forum would be inappropriate for me.

Haven't had cream since I was in the UK 4 years back, I could really eat one now.

('cre eme' in Spanish means 'Trust Me', great song with that title by Maluma and Karol G out now)

what about that stuff you put in your homemade baileys?

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Condensed sweetened milk, it's just going in the rum now.

Add some Kahlua and then some vodka and make yourself a real thick Mudslide......just ensure you mix it with slushy ice...mmmmmm

Just now, nikmar said:

does it not curdle???

Maybe if you left it long enough, jug almost empty now.

Back on topic,

As an alcoholic, I feel the best way to deal with the problem is to manage my drinking.

Jug of fake Bailey's with lunch every day at home gets me a bit squiffy, but the kids at school, and I won't be driving for 4 or 5 hours (collect kid from school), so there's no real problem.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Condensed sweetened milk, it's just going in the rum now.

Don’t forget the Vanilla Essence.

I donated 2 bottle of Distilled which I made over the no sales ban to the Village Headman. He was well impressed. Mind you I had to cut it 2 to 1 to be on the safe side.

Now I can understand the aversion of people to the attitude of some alcoholics. 

But don't understand their aversion to all alcoholics, even for those who behave gently. 

After 55 years of drinking, and at 71+, I still like to be drunk 1 to 3 times a week. 

Never had a problem with myself, or others. 

So far. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Add some Kahlua and then some vodka and make yourself a real thick Mudslide......just ensure you mix it with slushy ice...mmmmmm

my missis just mixes vodka / kahlua 50 - 50 over the slushy ice and calls it a Black Russian. i just love her to death on a friday night.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Frankly, I'm sad to see that some here find the topic of alcoholism a joke.

This is a sub-forum entitled "I drink too much".

if you are not concerned, why are you reading this?

Its the way you presented it .. Any dependency is a serious subject not to be belittled and if you have issue's then seek help .. Personally my motivation to refrain from partaking in any future imbibing of alcohol was I started getting the a*se having to get up 2 or 3 times a night for a Harry Nash ( slash if you don't do the rhyming slang ) after a night on booze .. And it weren't a problem either .. Downside .? In Patt's the bars aren't impressed when I order water only and continually leave plates of salted peanuts out in the hope of me drinking a bit more .. but I gave those up as well .. 

Just had my weekly order of wine from the wine connection delivered.  12 bottles of Zontes Footstep, Chocolate Factory Shiraz.  Very smooth wine and very enjoyable.  My heart keeps ticking and blood pressure is good, so drinking a red wine must work.  However, I can go days without a drink or months, its not a daily need.  Workouts, and runs get done daily, and in order to keep healthy there is a happy medium one needs to find.  I do not, nor have I ever frequented bars.  Not my scene...Now My wine cellar is full and I am good for the next year.  Got to hit the wine when it is on sale....

Edited by ThailandRyan

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Frankly, I'm sad to see that some here find the topic of alcoholism a joke.

This is a sub-forum entitled "I drink too much".

if you are not concerned, why are you reading this?

Just bloody fascinated that someone would put together a list of questions of this length! 555 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As an alcoholic, I feel the best way to deal with the problem is to manage my drinking.

Alcoholics can't manage, or control their drinking. This is a definition of an alcoholic.

If you are indeed an alcoholic, can you describe an experience when you had delerium tremens? 

I had wondered a couple of months ago if I was heading that way. I always told myself because I don't drink before 6pm I wasn't. After the alcohol ban I realized I definitely wasn't. I had about 12boxes of beer in the house and more spirits, but strangely the boredom of having to stay at home stopped me from drinking. I've found if I do nothing throughout the day I'm just not interested in a drink. Its like whats the point.

One thing I clearly notice though is how expensive alcohol has become. I was spending about 8k per month (before any good bottles of whisky) on it whereas now my intake equates to about 2k per month. 

20 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Its the way you presented it .. Any dependency is a serious subject not to be belittled and if you have issue's then seek help .. Personally my motivation to refrain from partaking in any future imbibing of alcohol was I started getting the a*se having to get up 2 or 3 times a night for a Harry Nash ( slash if you don't do the rhyming slang ) after a night on booze .. And it weren't a problem either .. Downside .? In Patt's the bars aren't impressed when I order water only and continually leave plates of salted peanuts out in the hope of me drinking a bit more .. but I gave those up as well .. 

So, you're not an alcoholic. I see you have been to the depth of hell with your drinking. How on Earth did you survive, getting up twice a night to pee! No wonder you decided to stop drinking.