Are You An Alcoholic?

Neeranam

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Fie dap = power cut (electricity supply dead)

One of the first Thai phrases you learn.

Well maybe not in his case :biggrin:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Hi Bob, could you explain where I'm being self-righteous please. 

I post a list of questions in a forum for people who drink too much, with the intention of helping some decide if they are an alcoholic, or not. This could allow them to seek the necessary help if they want to cut down or quit.

There are very different procedures depending if one is alcoholic or not not. 

Someone replied, and I asked if they had drinking problem. 

I have experience in stopping drinking and like to help others. I am not worried about what other people drink, but if they want to stop, I might be able to help. 

Thanks in advance. 

Are you on commission ?

• Haha 1

Pfui! This is one reason alcohol rehab programs are so ineffective. Here's an easy way to tell. For thirty days, take two drinks every day. Do not drink more than two, no matter what happens. Do not skip a day. Every day, two drinks, whatever you're used to drinking, beer, liquor, whatever. Just two. If you can do this, you're not an alcoholic. If you're an alcoholic, like me, you'll know without even trying that it's absurd, that nobody could do that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I havn't read any of it , but i geuss nobody will answer with yes because a real alcoholic is always in denial . 

Not always. A great many alcoholics end up hurting enough that they cannot stand it any more and cannot deny any longer. Many of them just quit drinking, and are able to do so. I found a much easier way is to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, where you can find people like yourself (like the people you sought out in bars). Many people find AA not congenial because of "the God thing." I don't know what they do.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I havn't read any of it , but i geuss nobody will answer with yes because a real alcoholic is always in denial . 

Damned if you do.....

And therein lies the rub. 

Give yourself up to higher power! Come join us, we are the wise, you are the blind. 

Load of ol $hite

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

OK, great thread Neeranam, shows how many people don't understand the serious nature of it. But for those of you that don't understand the questions in the OP, listen to the lyrics of the below song by Tom MacDonald below (not necessarily watch the video but listen to what he is saying).

Before May 1st 1999 (last drink of alcohol for me, just happy I made it that far!), I could have related to about 90% of what he describes during my drinking years at one time or another. Not the reason I stopped, but just listening to the words make me reflect on what I must have appeared like at those times of hanging one on.

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2020 at 1:02 PM, Neeranam said:

Frankly, I'm sad to see that some here find the topic of alcoholism a joke.

This is a sub-forum entitled "I drink too much".

if you are not concerned, why are you reading this?

Are you making a dossier on TV members lives? you make so many posts asking personal questions. get a life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/16/2020 at 5:36 PM, Neeranam said:

Hi Bob, could you explain where I'm being self-righteous please. 

I post a list of questions in a forum for people who drink too much, with the intention of helping some decide if they are an alcoholic, or not. This could allow them to seek the necessary help if they want to cut down or quit.

There are very different procedures depending if one is alcoholic or not not. 

Someone replied, and I asked if they had drinking problem. 

I have experience in stopping drinking and like to help others. I am not worried about what other people drink, but if they want to stop, I might be able to help. 

Thanks in advance. 

Nosey barsteward

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chrisinth said:

OK, great thread Neeranam, shows how many people don't understand the serious nature of it. But for those of you that don't understand the questions in the OP, listen to the lyrics of the below song by Tom MacDonald below (not necessarily watch the video but listen to what he is saying).

Before May 1st 1999 (last drink of alcohol for me, just happy I made it that far!), I could have related to about 90% of what he describes during my drinking years at one time or another. Not the reason I stopped, but just listening to the words make me reflect on what I must have appeared like at those times of hanging one on.

The self righteousness is outstanding. I would say a fare few on this thread know PRECISELY how serious alcoholism is and how utterly retarded the OP's questionnaire is - hence the pi$$ taking. 

If anything, it is the OP who has made a mockery of true alcoholism and the serious nature of it. 

Oh and by the way, I wont personally play a youtube video of any person that was bright enough to get a tatt on their face. I suggest you associate your own addictions with more worthy head figures. It doesn't paint your post in the best of light.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes. Depends on my mood. I have "I'll be an alcoholic today" moods, and "I'll be really productive today" moods. Thinking about it, reminds me a bit of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes character and his cocaine addiction.

Oh dear the wowsers always abound on topics like this. Alcoholism is a disease. The same folk, I suspect, think depression is some one who is having the blues, not someone who has an imbalance of brain chemicals. Not a subject for mirth or god bothering. I wish that these folk went back to humility school and remember “There but for the grace of God, go I”.

Edited by Mayhem11
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, nausea said:

Sometimes. Depends on my mood. I have "I'll be an alcoholic today" moods, and "I'll be really productive today" moods. Thinking about it, reminds me a bit of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes character and his cocaine addiction.

I thought Sherlock was partial to opium.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/16/2020 at 5:33 AM, Acharn said:

Not always. A great many alcoholics end up hurting enough that they cannot stand it any more and cannot deny any longer. Many of them just quit drinking, and are able to do so. I found a much easier way is to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, where you can find people like yourself (like the people you sought out in bars). Many people find AA not congenial because of "the God thing." I don't know what they do.

Some of the most spiritual people I've met in AA are agnostics. 

I answered yes to half of these yet I haven't had a drink in nearly two months. I use (not abuse) alcohol as a social lubricant, and admittedly I am addicted to partying and "the hunt", but alcohol is just social lubricant as far as I'm concerned. Never regularly drank at home and never will - simply no point if there's no pussy around!

7 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I answered yes to half of these yet I haven't had a drink in nearly two months. I use (not abuse) alcohol as a social lubricant, and admittedly I am addicted to partying and "the hunt", but alcohol is just social lubricant as far as I'm concerned. Never regularly drank at home and never will - simply no point if there's no pussy around!

Would you care to tell us the numbers of the questions you answered yes to? Answering that many without an alcohol problem doesn't make sense. There is a program called SA, maybe a good idea to check it out. Also, going to bars like the Pink Pussy isn't really a 'hunt' ???? 

https://saa-recovery.org/am-i-a-sex-addict/self-assessment/

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 2

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, Acharn said:

Pfui! This is one reason alcohol rehab programs are so ineffective. Here's an easy way to tell. For thirty days, take two drinks every day. Do not drink more than two, no matter what happens. Do not skip a day. Every day, two drinks, whatever you're used to drinking, beer, liquor, whatever. Just two. If you can do this, you're not an alcoholic. If you're an alcoholic, like me, you'll know without even trying that it's absurd, that nobody could do that.

Absolutely.

An alcoholic can not stop at 2 drinks.

It's really simple.

Anyone who drinks everyday or smokes weed every day etc is an addict. Which means they will be experience negative side effects from the drug because your body can not process and remove the drug effectively.  In which case they should stop because it will negatively effect your life. Anytime you have tolerance to a drug it because an addiction because the high will be associate with the tolerance not the actual drug.  In essence you will trade your alcohol addicting for Baclofeen. But that is ok because the side effects are far less. It is a miracle!

Even if they only have 2 drinks a day.  People shouldn't take alcohol or marijuana not more than once every 7 days to avoid any tolerance.  It is likely you will just out grow it if you follow this rule.

If you do drink everyday check out the Baclofen FAQ's. Then all you need to do is take Baclofen for 4 years and your body will rest and you will have no desire for alcohol. Then you will taper off the Baclofen and you will be fully cured.  Then you can have a drink or two as you like but why would you?  Beer will lose all the taste like when you were a child and never had tasted it before. Remember? You didn't like it.

It is very simple and easy so you don't have to keep on moaning about it on this sub.

Edited by Don Chance

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

Anyone who drinks everyday or smokes weed every day etc is an addict.

A rather bold statement, and not proven in any way, shape, or form!

There will be many people like me who enjoy two or three glasses of wine with a meal at night, and that is their total alcohol intake for the day.

There are a few times when I won't drink wine with my evening meal at all, but these are few and far between, and I look forward to sampling a good wine, not for the alcohol content per se, but for the "flavours" inherent in it.

I drink tea every day, as do millions of people, and they are not addicts, so not quite sure where you are coming from with your post, and I didn't go back in the annals of posting history to find out exactly what the questions were with regards to, "are you an alcoholic", but I am perfectly happy with my wine/alcohol intake as are many of my friends with theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1