Android TV Smart Box

Thailaw

47 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Some good points. I have had a few cheap and nasty android boxes and Firesticks over the years. With the exception of my current 4k Firestick all have underperformed. Currently have the aforementioned Firestick as well as a three year old Nvidia Shield.

Both perform flawlessly and are of course Netflix certified which most cheaper devices lack.

Have had a H96 pro+ for 3 years and came with Netflix installed.

When buying a new box just make sure it's specs are newish and you will have no problems

Attached is a budget box that is enough for a common user. Fine for streaming etc.

Guess the price?

IMG_20210625_121840.jpg

Edited by Sametboy2019

25 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

I wouldn't buy it personally. High price considering its low specs

Which box would you buy and I have a box already but it is a few years old. It is called an m8s pro+  I have a Samsung Smart TV which is Android but the man who set me up with IPTV sold me the box as part of the set up.  I have no idea if I need it, or if I could get better performance from a change. 

On 6/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, Sametboy2019 said:

Have had a H96 pro+ for 3 years and came with Netflix installed.

H96 pro+ is not Netflix certified, so the Netflix app installed on it is a modded old version, which supports on 480p resolution.

The Allwinner H616 processor, however it reads in the spec that it supports 6K decoding, it can't even handle 4K.

Yes it is cheap, a cheap piece of c*ap.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

So it does have Netflix just not certified. I've never opened it. I watch my series and movies for free.

I dont get involved in picture quality snobbery and couldn't give a Sh#t about 4k or 6k and the average Joe who doesnt know anything about Android boxes on here probably doesnt either. They just wanna have access to sports, movies and TV. It might scare you to know I watch things on 720 sometimes.

Edited by Sametboy2019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, Thomas J said:

I see this was posted back in May.  How would you rate your choice now that you have been using it. 

I like it a lot. No problems; however, I did have to reconnect the remote almost every time I turned on the TV for a while, but that problem has gone away now (perhaps solved by an upgrade).  It is quick, responsive without lag or buffering, and does what I need. I mainly use it for Youtube, Spotify and Netflix, which all work well. Since it is the only smart box that I own and have used, it is hard/not possible to compare it with other more powerful boxes that are available. As I recall, I paid about B1450, which is reasonable I think for comparable boxes, albeit many other have more memory.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

HK1 boxes are great,

S905x3 chipset , 4GB ram, 64GB storage

I find it less buggy than the x96 style boxes with the same chipset.

It has about 30% extra performance minimum over other boxes in the same prices range that do not use S905x3 chipset.

expect to pay 1200-1400 baht

if looking to spend under 2500 then this box is great, if bigger budget try anything with S922 chipset, these have serious firepower but are still cheaper than the top boxes

First time i am considering subscribing to a service which was recomm3ended to me, but I cannot find it. This fellow whom i met, but who has limited english, described his service this way: he bought a box for 2,000 baht and pays 5,000 baht a year for the service. The service covers netflix, sports and various channels (hes French) so I don't know if that includes BBC etc. I want to watch the Rider Cup and rugby. Any recommendations, please. I have a 2020 smart tv (android).

4 hours ago, paddypower said:

First time i am considering subscribing to a service which was recomm3ended to me, but I cannot find it. This fellow whom i met, but who has limited english, described his service this way: he bought a box for 2,000 baht and pays 5,000 baht a year for the service. The service covers netflix, sports and various channels (hes French) so I don't know if that includes BBC etc. I want to watch the Rider Cup and rugby. Any recommendations, please. I have a 2020 smart tv (android).

Just got the referral: it's TVfarang.com. there appears to be a stumbling block: you have to subscribe using Paypal, which i have avoided signing up for, for years. Nonsensical attitude, I know, but there you go.

8 hours ago, paddypower said:

Just got the referral: it's TVfarang.com. there appears to be a stumbling block: you have to subscribe using Paypal, which i have avoided signing up for, for years. Nonsensical attitude, I know, but there you go.

I sent you a PM

10 hours ago, paddypower said:

how long will that last before they shut it down?

On 9/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, JFHuaHin said:

HK1 boxes are great,

S905x3 chipset , 4GB ram, 64GB storage

I find it less buggy than the x96 style boxes with the same chipset.

It has about 30% extra performance minimum over other boxes in the same prices range that do not use S905x3 chipset.

expect to pay 1200-1400 baht

if looking to spend under 2500 then this box is great, if bigger budget try anything with S922 chipset, these have serious firepower but are still cheaper than the top boxes

bought one of those AndroidTV box, chinese made, all cr*p, it's basically Android on a tablet with a HDMI output

it works, but couldn't setup Netflix, yet could use other TV apps, some issues with Google Playstore as those cheap chinese box are not "official" AndroidTV

the "official" Android TV sells for at least 50 EUR, but at the end, still cr*p

my conclusion is that Chromecast is just the best option, works with every TV, and it's fast, and you can use all kind of TV apps on your phone and your phone is the "box" and will broadcast directly to your TV

Edited by GrandPapillon

19 hours ago, paddypower said:

Discussed here with loads of options provided.

• Like 2