Why does this say face mask?

tgeezer

Or I could ask, does it say face mask: หน้ากาก  
I haven't researched the words yet and I know that sometimes the word อนามัย (to be disease free) is added which might make my question even more interesting. 
I feel that กากหน้า would be the noun if the meaning is to be face-mask. 

Thank you chaps for the interest shown, I know the satisfaction derived from being able to describe and be understood. 
uhuh: หน้ากากอนามัย is the full term which has been shortened because the context is known so I am not surprised that you haven't heard it. 
heppinger: I find หน้ากากทางการแพทย์ very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if การแพทย์ is in common use because Thai is very flexible, "face mask the way of doing doctor" is perfectly understandable. 

My fascination is in คำมูล, which are words which can not be broken down by syllable (พยางค์, I include the Thai because I had to look it up for spelling.).    Naturally a one syllable word must be a คำมูล but when I see more than one syllable like อนามัย for example, I try to find out where else its components might be used. Because the Thai language is fundamentally made up of single syllable words I prefer to use those where possible, อานมัย is shorter than what I think it means in this case น. เกี่ยวกับสุขภาพ. 
So I hope that I am not boring anyone If I go on to tell the result of my research of หน้ากาก 

Typically it comes from the Ramayana. Which is described as a masked ballet and the masks are made of papier-mâché waste paper. 
Other uses of Kaak are interesting and I wish that I could go on but I seem to have lost the ability to change the keyboard to Thai characters! 

• Like 1