Birth child visas for UK

Hey all! I’ve read a bit over the years but generally don’t take part in discussions.

my question is. I’m British but due to my own birth country I’m unable to pass on my british citizenship to my kids automatically and so they don’t qualify for british passports. They are therefore Thai and hold Thai citizenship. I’m looking to take them back to the UK, ideally long term, but certainly initially for a holiday, month or two. 
So my question/s are is it easy to get them visas for the UK if their Thai mother is not traveling with? Do I need to satisfy any requirements? And obviously they are children so unable to support themselves so this would fall to my responsibilities. And has anyone else in the similar position done anything similar?
I work in the UK about 6-8 months of the year broken up with the remaining time spent in thailand. I am leagally married to my Thai wife in thailand with all proper certifications. The kids are 4 and 6 years old and carry my last name with me mentioned on their birth certificates. If I’ve missed anything else, just let me know, but your advice anyone would be gratefully accepted.

58 minutes ago, frequent said:

I’m British but due to my own birth country I’m unable to pass on my british citizenship to my kids automatically and so they don’t qualify for british passports.

If you lived or worked in the UK for 5 years any time before your children were born, they are entitled to British passports. (NI payments, tax payment, school reports, registered with a GP .... all good for proof)

That I didn’t know about. I completed education and worked in the UK for 12 years prior to moving over to Thailand and I did apply for a british passport for my first child and was turned down due to my british status which would be around 5 years ago. Has there been some change to say about what you mention recently? I had contacted a lawyer and they’re wanting almost £1000 per child to get them the passports which they say the vast majority is government fees. And they never mentioned anything further as i didn’t progress the application.

Just now, frequent said:

I completed education and worked in the UK for 12 years prior to moving over to Thailand

Your children are entitled to British citizenship (by descent), as you have qualified for your citizenship to be 'full'.

If you'd included evidence of your time in the UK with the application your kids would have been granted citizenship.

No change, those have always been the rules.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're children are entitled to British citizenship (by descent), as you have qualified for your citizenship to be 'full'.

If you'd included evidence of your time in the UK your kids would have been granted citizenship.

No change, those have always been the rules.

Thank you!! I didn’t know that and the British government did not say anything either. I even applied for emergency passports at the time and bought flights due to the requirements for the emergency passport and nothing was said at the British embassy in Thailand. I’m going to look in to this further now and see exactly what I need to do and show. Pension payment contributions and national insurance numbers should confirm what you’re saying about tax etc as proof of prior living in the UK. I’ll be getting on to that soon. Thanks for the hope you’ve given me!!

Archived