Thailand eases curfew restrictions, allows malls to re-open

webfact

Chaiyaphum - Both Global House and Homepro have been closed since the lock down, and as of yesterday still are.

You can do on-line order for delivery or at their collection points (front of carpark for Global, Rear of building for Homepro). Have used both this week as doing house reno.

2 hours ago, moontang said:

Notice at my pool says no swimming through the 31st.  I agree...now that we have to shop in the broiling heat, the pool would be prime.

If I read it correctly and according to Richard Barrows FB post - swimming pools will be opened, but restricted to 3 persons.

22 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Rode my motorbike from hua hin to bkk via ratchaburi today, you'd never know there were any restrictions. Home Pro , Thai watsadu , do home etc are wide open....stop whining and get out . Jeesh !

Thanks for your two wheeled report.....????

Looks like all pools closed until  31st.... It is not the swimming they are concerned about but like what happened at our Condo where when opened became very quickly "the meeting place". Closed again 2 days later.

Same as booze, the problem is again, they have to make rules for "the lowest common denominator"

Are they concerned about you & your wife drinking at home, ? of course not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Interprovincial travel is discouraged.

this becomes a vague source of encouragement for Road Blocks to make a lot of tea money... considering each posse will be going by their own 'interpretaions'...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, I think it's just Bangkok and the surrounding provinces. Which may mean we need to wait for a BMA edict ????

Global in Bueng Kan closed. Assume it will reopen Sunday

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Any checkpoints along the way? As long as there are, I won't be crossing interprovincial borders. I have been reading that several checkpoints have been removed over the past few weeks.

No checkpoints - no sign of any Police, you are free to travel

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

home pro hua hin in a mall just opened two days ago. 

global house Pranburi always open stand alone building

Bummer !!!!

I kept trying to ring Global to see if they were open as I did not want to drive all the way just to turn around again. Could never get through on the phone, just a message saying number temporarily out of order..............I thought they were closed .....:crazy:

again, I'm worried that health clinics are still being prevented from opening.  one of my essential inhalers is only available from my clinic and it's about to run dry.

is this another way for the Thai government to eliminate Farangs?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Other retail outlets are also allowed to reopen including book stores, furniture, electrical, office supplies, cosmetics, sports stores and car washes.

They never closed here in my area of Hua Hin.....:blink:

Edited by AhFarangJa

3 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Curfew should be starts at midnight, 11pm is still early.

There's no need for any curfew at all.

If people go out at night and break the regular normal law then that's a job for the police.

The government clearly think very little of the people of Thailand and this is a good example of their contempt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Absolutely. Shopping malls should be a low priority. They are potential hotspots for spreading the virus, which only a supreme optimist would believe has already departed.

The highest priority should be given to reopening beaches and parks for vital access to fresh air and exercise plus virus-combatting natural vitamin D from the sun. 

No money to be made out of opening them, is there?

This still does not tell us why we can not mail letters, etc., out of Thailand.  When is Mail service going to resume.  This is terrible.  We are not getting our mail from the states either, and I have meds floating around out there that I need.  What the hell is up with the Thail Postal System??????

23 minutes ago, Songlover said:

All well, BUT: restaurants should be allowed to serve alcohol only with food!

Why

We see before people sat in a restaurant all night by not finishing their meal, which makes them no different than a bar that sells food from the nearest restaurant

Edited by offset