Thailand eases curfew restrictions, allows malls to re-open

webfact

4 hours ago, damascase said:

I don’t care about the curfew, but I want to swim!

Get a Swimming pool in you're backyard. If you in a rental or Condo Get/Buy  a place where you can do what you want.  :wai:

21 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Why? Restaurants outside the malls are open too. 

More crowded. 

Higher density traffic. 

More difficult to disinfect between customers. 

More public touch zones. 

But not as bad as buffets. 

Buffets might be finished internationally. 

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Where does this put DIY places like HomePro, Global and the like?

Or do we just have to wait until Sunday to see what's open?

EDIT Just to clarify, we are in Pathum Thani, no DIY for 6 weeks, still no beer ????

Out where I am the Home Pro never closed. Tesco )except the food aisles0, Big C )ditto0, all the malls, but never Home Pro. Was this not so elsewhere? I had assumed it was a chain thing.

Irritated me no end - you could remodel your kitchen or paint your house, but not get a haircut!

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

EDIT Just to clarify, we are in Pathum Thani, no DIY for 6 weeks, still no beer ????

HomePro Chalong, Phuket, has been open since last Sunday. Global isn't though. Sorry about the beer..

Edited by katatonic

1 hour ago, Gary Maneval said:

This still does not tell us why we can not mail letters, etc., out of Thailand.  When is Mail service going to resume.  This is terrible.  We are not getting our mail from the states either, and I have meds floating around out there that I need.  What the hell is up with the Thail Postal System??????

On may 7 I got a registered letter from the USA. 

There's a report on Pattaya News that swimming pools can open as of Sunday but with strict measures to prevent them from being used for anything other than exercise. Is this confirmed? 

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Global already open in Surin & Thai Watsadu too.

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Ive heard other people say this.  My Mrs goes to Homepro on Chaeng Watthana and gets stuff there.

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Absolutely. Shopping malls should be a low priority. They are potential hotspots for spreading the virus, which only a supreme optimist would believe has already departed.

The highest priority should be given to reopening beaches and parks for vital access to fresh air and exercise plus virus-combatting natural vitamin D from the sun. 

For sure, beaches and outdoor pools are the least likely environments for infections.

• Like 1

Now imagine if they outlaw sex, and anything that might encourage such activity, until no STDs have been reported in the kingdom for five years because of the long incubation period of some diseases.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Songlover said:

All well, BUT: restaurants should be allowed to serve alcohol only with food!

You know that will never work. As soon as a restaurant is allowed to serve alcohol it will immediately become a bar. This is exactly what happened at the beginning of the lockdown when bars were closed but restaurants were open.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

Get yourself to Phetchabun Crossy.  i'll buy you a couple in payment for all that good electrical info several years back.

4 hours ago, brucec64 said:

You know that will never work. As soon as a restaurant is allowed to serve alcohol it will immediately become a bar. This is exactly what happened at the beginning of the lockdown when bars were closed but restaurants were open.

That exactly what happened were I live infact the place I frequent got that busy one night I thought I'm getting out of here before it gets raided sure enough later that night the police turned up,

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Other retail outlets are also allowed to reopen including book stores, furniture, electrical, office supplies, cosmetics, sports stores and car washes.

Highlighted above these never closed in my area, a furniture store just around the corner stayed open all the time.. all the private car washes seemed to be open as normal too.

17 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Going home from work, if you work in the malls?

Which means you're exempt from the curfew as long as you're going straight home.

As nothing else will be open.

14 hours ago, Gary Maneval said:

This still does not tell us why we can not mail letters, etc., out of Thailand.  When is Mail service going to resume.  This is terrible.  We are not getting our mail from the states either, and I have meds floating around out there that I need.  What the hell is up with the Thail Postal System??????

I just mailed one on Friday from the Phra Khanong post office to the USA. A fair amount of customer activity in there.

16 hours ago, RedRoadRunner said:

What kind of idiotic s**t is this again???

Food courts open but gyms still closed?

Can someone throw this government out ???

Coup required please. Whoops! I've just remembered who is trying to run the country.

HM and HP have never closed where I live it’s the little shops like tattoo, massage and bars and eating places who are suffering if the big stores can open that have 100s walking in and out every day then why do the little shops have to suffer time to allow them to open as the virus figures reported throughout the Kingdom is so small it does not warrant them to stay closed the big stores can survive its those little family places that are suffering here on the island Thais and Farangs have been working together to collect food donations to help all those who are now unemployed and there are many who are suffering.

28 minutes ago, dukeandduke said:

I just mailed one on Friday from the Phra Khanong post office to the USA. A fair amount of customer activity in there.

I received a letter from the US the other day, regular mail, so maybe mail delivery has resumed.

27 minutes ago, dukeandduke said:

Here on the islands I have been receiving my mail on a regular basis just this week I had my 3BB invoice and a letter from the U.K.