Thailand eases curfew restrictions, allows malls to re-open

webfact

I mailed my mom a nice camouflage face mask for us mother's day, they told me surface only, no airmail....that was two weeks ago.  They were fairly busy in Thai Post.  Never saw information on Thai Post in the media...maybe their website explains it...

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 1:32 PM, kevin612 said:

Curfew should be starts at midnight, 11pm is still early.

This is ridiculous what about internet shops i cannot print out anything from the internet at moment not been able to do this for months , we are all in cubicles and masks on so no chance of transmission sort this out you bafoons 

On 5/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, NCC1701A said:

i can sit around and do nothing in Hua Hin until 10:45 pm and then race home and do nothing! 

Yahoo! 

Actually, if you were to film this and then play it back at normal speed you could witness the slow-motion destruction of an economy, a society, and a culture playing out in Thailand as well as the rest of the world. 

New Normal =

... Autocratically controlled dytopian future =

... "Don't even think about having fun again! What do you think this is? A holiday?  Go to you room and shelter in place.  Fun is a thing of the past."

Great for the dictator-class and central-planning party members; deadly for the rest of humanity.  But considering that it's playing out in slow motion, most of the terminally unconscious will fail to even notice.  It's like watching paint dry: nothing much to see, but one hell of a problem if you chose the wrong color and need to scrape it off after it's dry and set.

Welcome to Hell.  "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 4:32 PM, JoePai said:

No checkpoints - no sign of any Police, you are free to travel

I just drove from Hua Hin to Surin yesterday. We came through 5 or so check points. Two were unmanned, the others were manned but they paid zero attention to us (and almost everyone else, from what I could see).

On 5/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, Lee4Life said:

Global and Mega Home here in NongKhai have remained open, I figured it was because it's kind of essential to have plumbing, have doors that open and close and a roof over your head. Didn't realize they were closed anywhere.

We did our monthly run to Asawan 2, Makro, and Global House first of the month.  Our favorite noodle shop near under the bridge was still closed.  Last month Big C had all but the food sections roped off as did Makro.  The first of this month all was open in Big C and Makro.  But I needed printer cartridges and that long wall of cartridges at the side entrance on the right side wall was moved to the left on one side of a small single stand alone shelf on the left as you enter along with where they moved some of the other appliances.  They had set out a few appliances there on stand alone shelving or sections.  It was slim pickings and a maze to walk through.  Of course that back wall on the left was full of TVs.  The escalators up to DIY were shut down and roped off.  The food court was still closed.  Monday I will try to get my cartridges at a Tha Bo shop we hope is still open so I can start printing double copies of paperwork for my extension and order the years worth of bank statements at BBK.  If not it's back to Nong Khai.  I try to avoid Asawan 1 on the other side due to its congested parking.  Hopefully we can get the kr2 in Si Chiang Mai.  I have time since my extension is due June but I do like to get it done early.  Hopefully we won't have to go to Udon Thani for my model ink cartridges.

On 5/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, Crossy said:

Where does this put DIY places like HomePro, Global and the like?

Or do we just have to wait until Sunday to see what's open?

EDIT Just to clarify, we are in Pathum Thani, no DIY for 6 weeks, still no beer ????

any reply ?

7 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

any reply ?

I went to MegaHome this morning.

To enter, need to scan a QR code with Line, go to the website that the QR leads to, press "Check In" and enter your phone number. All in Thai of course, but plenty of assistance by the queue.

Then temperature scan, hand sanitiser and a coloured dot.

You are limited to 1 hour inside. Continual announcements to this end inside the store.

On the way out it's the same process, QR to website but this time "Check-Out" and a bunch of questions in Thai, little lady minding the exit bounced through these and I was allowed to leave.

On the whole fairly painless and there is a solution for those without mobiles or mobile data, need their ID card (I'm assuming passport would work).

This is most likely the same application that the malls are going to use, expect long queues!

On 5/15/2020 at 1:51 PM, NCC1701A said:

home pro hua hin in a mall just opened two days ago. 

global house Pranburi always open stand alone building

It was  closed of sorts  for a month it  reopened  fully last week, at  one point they would  only deliver ,you weren't allowed inside the store.

54 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I went to MegaHome this morning.

To enter, need to scan a QR code with Line, go to the website that the QR leads to, press "Check In" and enter your phone number. All in Thai of course, but plenty of assistance by the queue.

Then temperature scan, hand sanitiser and a coloured dot.

You are limited to 1 hour inside. Continual announcements to this end inside the store.

On the way out it's the same process, QR to website but this time "Check-Out" and a bunch of questions in Thai, little lady minding the exit bounced through these and I was allowed to leave.

On the whole fairly painless and there is a solution for those without mobiles or mobile data, need their ID card (I'm assuming passport would work).

This is most likely the same application that the malls are going to use, expect long queues!

I'll be giving them all a  miss  then,Global house doesn't  have that charade neither do Thai Watsadu

• Like 1