The Bullworker x5 workout - an antique that still works!

ravip

Well with all this social distancing and the works, 'confined' to my small apartment, I thought of my faithful  Bullworker x5 I purchased in 1984 when I was in Saudi Arabia.

Whatever said and done, a nice piece of equipment to workout your body, which of course would not make you a Charles Atlas! 

• Like 1

Got mine about 1964..green colour. Ordered from the Joe Weider site. Still sitting in my storeroom somewhere. Actually for it's time, it was nifty apparatus.

Just looked at the video commercial. I think mine was a bit simpler than the K5 (probably a K1).

Edited by couchpotato
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Looks like junk really.

Yes quite true.

Going back in time, I realised many a time calling good things rubbish and intelligent people otherwise, due to my ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Got mine about 1964..green colour. Ordered from the Joe Weider site. Still sitting in my storeroom somewhere. Actually for it's time, it was nifty apparatus.

Just looked at the video commercial. I think mine was a bit simpler than the K5 (probably a K1).

I have the X5 version, black colour.

original.jpeg

1 hour ago, UbonThani said:

Right so which pros use this?

Wouldn't care two hoots as I don't limit my commodities to 'Pro' stuff.

Left the herd a long while back.

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Its junk. Do proper exercises.

TBH, it is all a matter of opinion. I am not vying for the top prize. This is not all that I do, but had to take it out due to the lockdown.

I've had it from '84 and it does something (at least for me). Yes, I've met some who referred to Mercedes & Beamers as junk - yes! It is all a matter of opinion.

Anyways, thank you for your advice.

The latest one has 3 different strength springs the strongest one is hard to move for this old pensioner,it's actually a good way to get a basic strength workout at home for those of us who don't want to get involved with free weights.Reminds me of the old joke "dear Mr Atlas I have completed your course,could you now send me the muscles please"

• 3 weeks later...

I remember back in London in Walthamstow we had Len sell gym he advertised that bull worker back then, he won the Mr universe in 1962 only a short guy but boy he had a great looking body, I tried it but God it was boring, I prefer going to the gym, ????

On 5/15/2020 at 8:27 PM, Amusements said:

Reminds me of that springy thing that was around at the same time, the one that used to give everyone a bruise that looked like a love bite!

I believe it was called “The Chest Expander”