Inter-provincial buses back on the road on May 18

webfact

Inter-provincial buses back on the road on May 18

By The Nation

800_ce4241f278df9e0.jpg?v=1589526712

File photo

The state-run Transport Co bus operator will resume cross-country services between Bangkok and the North and Northeast on May 18 (Monday), one month after they were suspended to curb the Covid-19 contagion. Services to the South will start on June 1.

Services will resume to the North on seven routes: Bangkok-Chiang Mai, Bangkok-Chiang Rai, Bangkok-Uttaradit, Bangkok-Sarachit, Bangkok-Mae Sot, Bangkok-Lom Kao, and Bangkok-Khlong Lan.

Nine routes to the Northeast and East will reopen: Bangkok-Nong Bua Lamphu, Bangkok-Sakon Nakhon, Bangkok-Chiangkhan, Bangkok-Surin, Bangkok-Buri Ram, Bangkok-Kantharalak, Bangkok-Si Sa Ket, Bangkok-Surin (Rattanaburi), and Bangkok-Chanthaburi.

Services to the South will resume on three bus routes starting June 1: Bangkok-Koh Samui, Bangkok-Phuket and Bangkok-Trang

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387909

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-15

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

So inter province travel is now allowed from the 18th ?

Maybe they will get everyone off the bus at the border, check your temperature, your documents and your reason to travel, decide you dont have a good reason and leave you on the roadside.

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

So inter province travel is now allowed from the 18th ?

I asked the same question in a FB forum re the 331/304 to Korat and was told travel is as normal an there were no checkpoints. The issue I have is if I do travel is there a necessity to enter into a 14-quarantine at my location (village about 1-hour from Korat) ... I normally stay for about 4 days?

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a step in the right direction. But, the rest of the lockdown needs to end. The curfew absolutely needs to end immediately, the bars, and remaining shops need to re-open, and life needs to return to normal. We have beaten this thing, and any restrictions at this point, are simply draconian power grabs, on the part of the army. Let it go. Let the nation return to normalcy. Let the people get back to work. 

The grand experiment in insanity, that the major economies of the world participated in willingly, by shutting down their economies, for the first time in recorded history, needs to end here. Never before has something like this been done, for a dozen good reasons. The repercussions will be felt for years, and who is going to get hit the hardest? The little guy. 

Yeah, reminds me of this case:

Ohio man, 60, who blasted COVID-19 lockdown as 'a political ploy' and said stay-at-home orders were 'b*****t' dies after contracting coronavirus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

No, no, no, no. You got it all wrong. Covid is essentially dead here. We beat it. I get the panic and caution in the US and Europe and Latin America. But, here is it gone baby gone. In Ohio? Not a remotely reasonable comparison, on any level whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Of course there are countless cases like this one.  What about the guys who said it was deadly and contracted the virus and were asymptomatic?  It just depends how the press wants to spin the virus and it has been spinning it to drag out the lockdown and unnecessarily kill the economies.  The virus is real but not so deadly.  However, it is too contagious to be controlled outside of social distancing, facemasks, gels etc.  It does not make sense to lockdown everyone who is healthy.  It makes a lot more sense to lockdown those who are sick and the rest to take precautions.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No, no, no, no. You got it all wrong. Covid is essentially dead here. We beat it. I get the panic and caution in the US and Europe and Latin America. But, here is it gone baby gone. In Ohio? Not a remotely reasonable comparison, on any level whatsoever. 

laughing in second wave infections

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BoojamTheKind said:

It is great to read a post like yours. I don't bother participating in these forums much because they are dominated by ignorant "know it alls" and rule following idiots. You will probably be attacked for what you wrote, but it is the absolute truth and I salute you sir.

• The disease models were vastly overblown and the chief scientist responsible for the modelling has now resigned in disgrace.
  • The fatality rate was vastly exaggerated - proven by antibody tests showing that the infection rate was at least 50 times higher than what has been officially reported in most countries.
  • Lockdowns achieved nothing - proven by comparison of different states in the US, some who locked down and some who didn't, showing no significant difference in deaths.
  • There is no evidence that the virus is easily transmissable outdoors, meaning that the closure of beaches and parks and the draconian restrictions of freedom of movement had no basis in science and were political acts of repression.
  • Wearing masks outdoors doesn't help and may actually increase your risk of getting sick due to reduced oxygen intake and re-breathing of your own bacteria - this has been demonstrated in studies and is just common sense.
  • The destruction of the economy, proven by research, is going to produce a tsunami of health issues, including, suicide, drug addiction, domestic violence, malnutrition and general despair.

If the admin of this site remove this post, calling it "misinformation" they are complicit in the above and should be ashamed of themselves.

History will prove we are right.

"and rule following idiots." You sure got that one right, for the life of me, I don't know how these people bother getting out of their beds in the morning.

• Like 1

sensible measures with social distancing and masks 2 months ago would have been sufficient . Lockdown has made none or very little difference at all, and the health and economic damage caused by 2 -3 months of closure  will last a generation. Government madness!

Edited by pixelaoffy

16 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

sensible measures with social distancing and masks 2 months ago would have been sufficient . Lockdown has made none or very little difference at all, and the health and economic damage caused by 2 -3 months of closure  will last a generation. Government madness!

I agree.  Those at high risk self isolating or some restrictions on places where transmission would be the highest would have made sense.  What happened in some places was total over reaction.
Spider in the house?  Burn down the house.

Anyway, happy that bus travel is back up and running.  Time to see how this big giant experiment worked.  
The question is, when infections and death start occurring again, what will they do next?

Edited by Nowisee

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a step in the right direction. But, the rest of the lockdown needs to end. The curfew absolutely needs to end immediately, the bars, and remaining shops need to re-open, and life needs to return to normal. We have beaten this thing, and any restrictions at this point, are simply draconian power grabs, on the part of the army. Let it go. Let the nation return to normalcy. Let the people get back to work. 

The grand experiment in insanity, that the major economies of the world participated in willingly, by shutting down their economies, for the first time in recorded history, needs to end here. Never before has something like this been done, for a dozen good reasons. The repercussions will be felt for years, and who is going to get hit the hardest? The little guy. 

Just delaying the inevitable, it hasn't been beaten

There will be no vaccine so 70-80 percent of the world will need to be infected at some point

I agree the lock downs are/were ridiculous, people need to work, eat and provide for others

Edited by Canuck1966

18 hours ago, BoojamTheKind said:

Wearing masks [...] may actually increase your risk of getting sick due to reduced oxygen intake and re-breathing of your own bacteria - this has been demonstrated in studies and is just common sense.

I've not seen these studies - do you have links to them? Also, if you think re-breathing bacteria would have an effect on getting sick from a virus then I have to seriously question your basic grasp of the science here.

Even if I'm being charitable and allow for the fact that you meant to say "your own virus particles" then again, I haven't seen any such studies.

I did find one article when (by a guy talking about a design of mask which he claims would prevent this supposed problem) who says you can get sick by rebreathing your own exhalations - but he provides no evidence, nor any studies to back that up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BoojamTheKind said:

The disease models were vastly overblown and the chief scientist responsible for the modelling has now resigned in disgrace.

To be fair, he resigned because he was caught violating lockdown for some extramarital sex, rather than because his computer models were hopeless (which they were).

But disgrace is exactly the right word; it was Neil Ferguson's 30-year-old undocumented bug-riddled computer models that caused him to push for lockdown, and then he breaks his own lockdown. We're better off without him, in many ways.

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"and rule following idiots." You sure got that one right, for the life of me, I don't know how these people bother getting out of their beds in the morning.

Be careful who you speak to, I have the nagging feeling that @BoojamTheKind is an eminent (French?) epidemiologist.

So separation is paramount! Will they have an X on every second seat like in restaurants, so that they will only transport 50% of normal load. Districts still have 14 day self isolation, some require certificates. It will be interesting to see what happens at the bus stations when these buses arrive and local authorities put people in isolation for 14 days. ....... only time will tell. 

On 5/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, pixelaoffy said:

And buses from ekkamai to the east?

I'm more interested in ridding myself of a cuckoo nesting at my place in Pattaya when she lives in Kalasin.  Anyone know if/when Chan Tour will be back on the road?