Second phase of lockdown relaxation to start from May 17

webfact

""Everyone has to cooperate," he added."

Aye, there's the rub

In my limited informal sampling, I see about 50-50 split between local idiots and farang idiots

Considering we are far fewer in number, I'd say we're "punching above our weight"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

A pragmatic decision that restores a reasonable measure of normality while retaining some restrictive aspects that presumably will retain a reminder of personal responsibility. Yes there are some unknowns as yet that people might have also presumed unnecessary that remain.

The  fact remains,in spite of the critics and  doubters, that for whatever reason Thailand has so far escaped the horror story of other places. The irony of that is that so many of the TVF critics originate  from those horror story locations.

14  days more will see if the story changes. While the Thai general population may become accustomed  to coping  with  the Covid-19 measures of  limitation how  many and  how quickly will they also gain a measure of awareness of the seriousness of global political agitations?

Must be the SomTam.....

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Brunolem said:

I suppose that many hotels were closed because they had to close their pool and their restaurants. 

If they can open them now, hotels should start to reopen. 

We will see soon enough... 

What's the point of open Hotels?For example if I want to do a weekend trip to Koh Chang  I probably will be quarantined for 2 weeks.Pool and beaches are closed,so no way anybody will go there.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Public pools are the pools open to a public

the public can be the hotel guest or the condo renters

A private pool is for example the pool in your villa garden

only you can acess to the pool

No mention of hotels being open, only hotel meeting rooms

15 hours ago, zzzzz said:

whose going to be staying in the hotels that will open if there no tourists?
even thai's wont be out on vacations anytime soon

There are many Thais and expats who need to travel for business. The hotels outside the tourist areas will resume business when they are allowed. Theres no mention of hotels being allowed to reopen so not sure when that will be. I would assume it will be when they allow travel between provinces again

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zzzzz said:

YET beaches still closed???

Yes, odd isn't it? The reason they give is to prevent hordes of possibly unclean visitors from Bangkok bringing their infections to our clean and fair city by congregating on the beaches. And yet, as the announcement clearly says, "There are no changes in the measures on transportation -- no regular international transport, and strict screening of inter-provincial transport." So how will all these diseased hordes get through the strict checks and screening to pollute our beaches? If the beach closure was ever justified, you'd think it would be after they lift the restrictions on inter-provincial travel, not while they are in place.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

18 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Yes, was a complete shut down my friend has a nice 50 room hotel and the pool is great for some good exercise 45m long I used to like going about 4 pm good swim for an hour then sit at the bar for a couple of beers soon we can do again hopefully

All that good swimming gone to waste with having these two beers.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, kekalot said:

yep, quite ridiculous if you ask me. I have two young puppies and have to bring them to the beach at least 4-5 times a day and risk getting the 100,000 baht fine.

police pickups going a few times a day to curse out people on the beach (95% Thai). just this morning a pickup with like 8 people at the beach, no masks

chances of them getting fined = 0 but myself I decided to just pay some Thai person to bring my dogs out during the middle of the day as I know there's a big chance they would fine me.

Just walk the dogs where you live.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, zzzzz said:

YET beaches still closed???

I hope the beach stay closed for long time. If the beach opens there will be people from Bangkok who will come here. So keep the beach closed.

• Like 2

Quote:

4 Gym and fitness centres

[...]

▪︎ public pools, allowing number of people in pool equal to lanes (at least 7-feet long) and only allowing one hour of use per person.

---------- 

Given that the metric system is the global standard, also 3 out of 5 anglo countries (+ quasi-anglo Ireland) use it, plus your international readers are used to it, wouldn't it be considerate/courteous to add it, and possibly not in brackets? You could fx write 7 ft/2 m - because that is very likely what the original was, before you converted it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmurch said:

If markets can open and people are only inches apart then why can't beaches and bars open 

If you can’t figure that out then I think you should remain at home for a few more weeks!

• Confused 1