Second phase of lockdown relaxation to start from May 17

webfact

20 hours ago, offset said:

hotels were closed to stop people from travelling

Close hotels to stop people from traveling ??? I thought that what the flight bans are for hence no customers in hotels so had to close because no business at all , no tourists . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brunolem said:

What exactly is a "public" pool? 

Are hotel pools considered public or private? 

Public, private being at your private residence.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Pretty much all these types of businesses have been open the whole time in Kanchanaburi apart from Robinson only it seems.

Curfew means nothing also. People everywhere parting no problem.

Yes, it has been the same since the beginning of April in Phra Khanong and On Nut areas. Most of the shops have been open during this supposed lockdown

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Close hotels to stop people from traveling ??? I thought that what the flight bans are for hence no customers in hotels so had to close because no business at all , no tourists . 

It was also meant to stop domestic travel do you not thin Thais use hotels

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

A pragmatic decision that restores a reasonable measure of normality while retaining some restrictive aspects that presumably will retain a reminder of personal responsibility. Yes there are some unknowns as yet that people might have also presumed unnecessary that remain.

The  fact remains,in spite of the critics and  doubters, that for whatever reason Thailand has so far escaped the horror story of other places. The irony of that is that so many of the TVF critics originate  from those horror story locations.

14  days more will see if the story changes. While the Thai general population may become accustomed  to coping  with  the Covid-19 measures of  limitation how  many and  how quickly will they also gain a measure of awareness of the seriousness of global political agitations?

Any Thai who returned from overseas may have a different take on the seriousness of this outbreak.

Thailand got away with pure luck, considering it's location and number of Chinese tourists at the start of the year. While domestic travel may slowly recover it's not the same for other countries who were hit hard.

They will take a deep breath before deciding to get on a jet and go anywhere far, as for Thais wishing to travel overseas for a holiday or exchange reasons I'd think twice about where I was going & who I was staying with.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

...................... and massages.......... ??

A massage owner said he could open for foot massage only on the 17th.  No body or oil, only foot. I intend to get at least one foot massage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JOE BAMA said:

A massage owner said he could open for foot massage only on the 17th.  No body or oil, only foot. I intend to get at least one foot massage.

One of the benefits of living in a Thai village, instead of a city. I have been getting full body massage from a woman here after the exodus from Bangkok for the last month or so. She was a masseuse in one of the big Bangkok hotels, miserable gits did not even give her the bus fare home.

• Like 1

So what shops are not allowed to open? Seems everything can open now, so why not just say that? Anyway, it's good news and nice to see a country getting back to normal. I hope it goes well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Can someone explain continued beach closures?

this escapes me.......then again, if you give me 2 pencils, I’m busy for hours.

Our beeches never closed but now only about 5% of people are wearing masks and still sitting in groups, in my province we have not had a case for over 40 days so most people think this is not a big problem now

4 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

So what shops are not allowed to open? Seems everything can open now, so why not just say that? Anyway, it's good news and nice to see a country getting back to normal. I hope it goes well.

Massage shops

38 minutes ago, brianbbb said:

They don't want to open the beach's because everyone will come from Bangkok at the weekends as they use to before

So instead of being spreaded along kilometers of beaches, they will be packed in shopping centers...

Now I understand the logic...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, peterdarby said:

Any explanation for being able to use free weights in gyms, but not running or cycling machines?

Free weights they can dispose of after each user and replace them with new ones because, you know, they are free!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, peterdarby said:

Any explanation for being able to use free weights in gyms, but not running or cycling machines?

Absolutely makes no sense at all. There will probably be some twisted logic but it will clearly be nonsense. 

So my wife can sit in Beauty shop for up to 2 hours, i can go and get hair cut, we can go to a restaurant walk around a mall with nobody buying only wandering passing the time of day, but nobody can go for a foot massage, brilliant i suspect these girls are just as hungry as every other Thai worker with no customers.