Second phase of lockdown relaxation to start from May 17

webfact

19 hours ago, offset said:

Our beeches never closed but now only about 5% of people are wearing masks and still sitting in groups, in my province we have not had a case for over 40 days so most people think this is not a big problem now

tell all this to the powers that be !!!

In Klong Wan the independent fisherman advertise their seafood on FB. All seafood is at least half price of before the pandemic & they deliver to your home without charge. We have stocked our freezers with Shrimp, Crabs, Thai lobsters, fish, etc. 2 Ks of crabs on the way today. Everything is fresh brought in during the day. They cannot sell to the hotels/resorts or restaurants but are trying to just get by. 

• Like 2

On 5/16/2020 at 4:40 AM, theoldgit said:

"Hotel meeting rooms and convention halls for meetings of limited number of people" - I wonder who defines what is "meetings of limited number of people"?

Yeah, and back home many of cases have been tracked back to these 2-3 people meetings, even few politicians got the virus from their assistants and rooms are not small so f2f meetings should be avoided. Skype works well so not a problem. 

Bars open on June 1st, all being well.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/15/thai-culture-minister-and-former-pattaya-mayor-speaks-on-future-potential-re-opening-of-entertainment-venues-massage-shops-bars-etc/

"Mr. Ittipol said that if the number of Covid-19 Coronavirus cases do not increase drastically in the country and that businesses allowed to open are seen following the safety and hygiene standards set then Phase Three would likely begin on or around June 1st.

Mr. Ittipol said Phase Three planning will be done over the next several weeks, is highly likely to include entertainment and bars, pubs and cinemas and he is involved in the process."

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I have never understood the beach closure bit especially given that there are no more tourists. Not like they are going to be packed.

TVF posters assume that it is aimed at expats. Its actually aimed at Thais and is meant to discourage Bangkok weekenders travelling out of province. Also Thais just can't get to grips with social distancing.

Edited by Phil McCaverty

Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

TVF posters assume that it is aimed at expats. Its actually aimed at Thais and is meant to discourage Bangkok weekenders travelling out of province. Also Thais just can't get to grip with social distancing.

Oh ok i was just under the impression that "Charlie don't Surf"

What surprises me, we have roughly 44,000 people killed on the roads per year in Thailand or 120 people per day. To date, the Covid-19 has killed 56 people, that is, fewer people have died since the start of the year than in half a day of road casualties. I will even think about thanking the Covid-19 because thanks to it there will be significantly fewer deaths on the roads. Frankly this local paranoid structure where everyone puts on their Martian suit to enter each store reveals oh how we walk on the head rather than on the green planet .....

• Like 1