Bangkok Airways resumes domestic flights to Samui

snoop1130

Bangkok Airways resumes domestic flights to Samui

By THE NATION

800_2fdee83f352ddc1.jpg

Bangkok Airways resumed domestic flights twice daily on the Bangkok-Samui route on Friday (May 15).

The daily service to and from the holiday island will relaunch with enhanced precautionary measures and social distancing practices in compliance with government and aviation authority rules, said the boutique airline.

Specially designed face masks were handed out to passengers to mark the resumption of operations on Friday.

Bangkok Airways said it has taken precautionary measures in line with guidelines set by airport authorities at both the arrival and departure points.

The measures include body temperature screening, mandatory wearing of face masks, social distancing via onboard seat allocations, and floor markings to indicate appropriate distancing at all service areas including the transfer bus.

In the interest of passengers’ health and hygiene, the in-flight meal service has been suspended and consumption of personal food and drink is not allowed onboard.

Cabin attendants are required to wear masks and gloves when on duty and passengers are required to prepare and wear masks at all times during flight.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30387906

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-15

Good to see that except this Sunday (with 2 seats left ! well i think it's just marketing), they have decent fares (for Samui) at 2300 bahts one way.

Even more surprising knowing that Thai is not flying there before end of June.

1 hour ago, xtof2 said:

Good to see that except this Sunday (with 2 seats left ! well i think it's just marketing), they have decent fares (for Samui) at 2300 bahts one way.

Even more surprising knowing that Thai is not flying there before end of June.

Thai have not flown to Samui for a long time. They now code share with PG.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Thai have not flown to Samui for a long time. They now code share with PG.

Yes, you're right. I checked. Last time I flew with Thai there was in May 2018 and they stopped their 2 daily flights in September. Due to PG owning the airport, It's a very profitable route and I don't understand why TG stopped it... since it took them years to get an agreement for 2 daily flights.

2 hours ago, xtof2 said:

Yes, you're right. I checked. Last time I flew with Thai there was in May 2018 and they stopped their 2 daily flights in September. Due to PG owning the airport, It's a very profitable route and I don't understand why TG stopped it... since it took them years to get an agreement for 2 daily flights.

I think that it was a cost issue.

Samui Airport made it too expensive for Thai to make money on the route. Being a privately owned airport, PG set the fees. PG never wanted Thai to come here. It was Thaksin's government that forced the issue. So - if Thai are going to come then they have to pay. All about politics v money. Same the world over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

There are 35 seats per flight seemingly as they are using the atr plane !

Yep. ATR-72 as flightstats says.

I wonder: What can you do in Samui currently? What is allowed/open?

Hotels? Beaches?

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hotels? Beaches?

Not sure about hotels but zazen were offering rooms for 990 bht so I guess hotels are open unless they have special reason.

I seen a video a few days ago from chaweng near dr frogs an there were about 50 people on the beach and in the sea . 

24 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hotels? Beaches?

Hotels are starting to open up.

Lots of cheap villas

As far as I know the beaches were never closed.

Restaurants are open but max 4 per table and no alcohol (in most).

Very quiet and peaceful here.

Lots of food etc in the shops and all good.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Not sure about hotels but zazen were offering rooms for 990 bht so I guess hotels are open unless they have special reason.

I seen a video a few days ago from chaweng near dr frogs an there were about 50 people on the beach and in the sea . 

Zazen at that price is a bargain and Maenam beach is a very good one.

I am sure that there are lots of bargains on the island. We have been isolated for over a month. Just opening up last week.

• Like 1