Clinic Re-opening?

1Gringo

I'm being told by a person who runs several clinics that all clinics are open, that only surgery clinics are closed. That hasn't been my experience, seeing several small clinics closed during the day that are normally packed when open. 

Anyway, here's a suggestion: If your normal clinic has a number posted on their sign (or door when closed) it might be possible to call that number and talk to someone who knows when that clinic might reopen, or alternatives for receiving normal prescription supplies. Worth a shot (pun not really intended).

7 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

I've inquired about this inhaler at various pharmacies and, no.  it's not available at any pharmacy.

where oh where did you find a cannabis inhaler and would it work for COPD?

I was thinking outside of the box when you said it was only accessible at a clinic.  No it would not work for COPD unfortunately.  Your probably looking for the same type of inhaler my mother uses, she was just switched to Trelegy, and a once every 8 week injection.  I hope your not having to do breathing treatments 3 times a day as well.  Please take care of yourself.  You can always try SC Pharmacy in Bangkok off of Rama 4 Rd, just past Silom.

Edited by ThailandRyan

9 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

oops.  not even sure I can get a bus to BKK.  I'm in Korat and don't expect to leave anytime soon.

They are starting to allow buses to operate now.

You could alos take a train to Bangkok that are operating now.

Another option is to check here for your inhaler. http://drugstorebangkok.com/ The will ship them to you.

Addressing the OPs original question:

Surely medical clinics (perhaps with a limitation that no surgery can be carried out) have been permitted to open throughout the Covid crisis or at the very least will now be allowed to open today?

Why do I think that. Well if you look at the list of businesses that are now allowed to open from 17 May (today) it includes such businesses as:

•  

drug store

dentist clinics

nail salons

Beauty clinics for body and skin (no surgeries on face)

Gym and fitness centres

Source:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1164323-second-phase-of-lockdown-relaxation-to-start-from-may-17/

Seems highly unlikely that medical clinics would remain unlawful to be open -they certainly have been open in my Isaan province throughout. Maybe just the decision of your particular clinic rather than government/province edict. Obviously - try again Monday in case today's round of relaxations have stimulated their opening up!

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

I was thinking the same thing.  if dentists are allowed to open, then why not a clinic?

but now it doesn't matter.  my wife found a pharmacy which had my inhaler, so I'm good for a while.

thanks, everyone!

21 minutes ago, 1Gringo said:

I was thinking the same thing.  if dentists are allowed to open, then why not a clinic?

but now it doesn't matter.  my wife found a pharmacy which had my inhaler, so I'm good for a while.

thanks, everyone!

Hope it works out for the long run 1Gringo. Stay safe.

there are numerouse clinics around the country which are set up to provide cbd treatments for a variety of ailments you can check online search medicinal cannabis Thailand there is a slits of all the clinics and their locations ,and as for the person with copd there are inhalers available you need to check and compare with what you are using currently,

Most clinics are open. Are you sure yours is not? Many never even closed, they certainly were nto required to.

I can't think of any inhaler medication for COPD that requires a prescription so there is an excellent chance it can be bought at a pharmacy even though none near you carry it. Can you l;ist the name of the inhaler?

my main clinic actually has a phone number, but they didn't answer it for a week.  my wife went to the location of the clinic and the neighboring vendors confirmed that the clinic was closed.  

I took that as proof that my clinic was closed.

we also called my eye clinic and found them closed, too.

I haven't checked this week, so either or both clinics may be open this week.  my wife did find a pharmacy which carried my inhaler, so all is good here, for now.

• Like 1