Confused about Thai approved health insurance for yearly extension based on Non Imm O-A visa

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I could have this wrong. I was thinking your insurance needs to start prior to you applying for your extension. Some strange issue about the insurance commencing late afternoon (4.30pm ?). Hence extension would need to be applied for minimum 1 day post your insurance. Your extension would lose the number of days you went post your policy.

It seems that there is little or no consistency in how this is handled nation-wide at different IOs.

Indeed, the insurance starts at 4:30 PM in the afternoon, and therefore it can never be fully aligned with your new permission to stay which starts 0:01 AM.

Attached a link to a thread on that subject (application denied), posted today.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1169974-morning-wasted-at-cw/?do=findComment&comment=15553468

Edited by Peter Denis

To DrJack54 and Peter Denis 

A small point

I think someone stated insurance starts at 4:30 pm but I believe it is not the case.

Here is a direct copy from my LMG insurance certificate.

At the top it states

Period of Insurance 24/06/2020to 24/06/2021 Time 16.30 hrs.

A bit lower down it states

The period of insurance begins from 24/06/2020 at 00.01 hours until 24/06/2021 at 16.30 hours as stipulated on the Insurance

So it actually starts at 00.01 hours and they give a bit more than 1 full year!

I still believe it is best to do as I did and have the health insurance start the day before you go to immigration. The lady was good and also very honest. I have always given exactly 1,900 baht but on the 25th I thought she was good so I gave her 2,000 baht. There was instantly a 100 baht note on the table very close to me and so I did pick it up .....  so still zero tea money given.

She did go through to the back somewhere for about 5 minutes to check on the health insurance, I don't know what she did. I just think it safest to have had the health insurance actually start the day before.

I am a bit confused why I actually feel happy? I have done another 1 year extension of stay and this time have had to pay 7,700 baht extra for health insurance ....... but I still feel happy!  I think partly because the relaxing of the lockdown and I can plan a holiday, or two!

Good luck to you all

Cheers

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1