NVIDIA Shield Android TV

DUS

Hello,

Once the shops/malls reopen, where should I go to find an NVIDIA Shield / Shield Pro here in Bangkok? Alternatively, do you guys know a reliable shop that quickly ships one to BKK?

Thank you!

DUS

Thanks @giddyup! Much appreciated!

Unfortunately, I didn’t win the first prize in yesterday’s lottery draw. I guess I will have to order the product on Amazon. 

Again thanks for the link and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

1 minute ago, DUS said:

Thanks @giddyup! Much appreciated!

Unfortunately, I didn’t win the first prize in yesterday’s lottery draw. I guess I will have to order the product on Amazon. 

Again thanks for the link and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Sure, order the device on Amazon, though I have 2 questions in that regard.

Does Amazon actually ship the device to Thailand?

If they ship it to Thailand, do you have a TV box licence acquired from NBTC, otherwise it not gonna pass customs

Apparently, NVidia shield production was impacted by pandemic (although production is now being resumed).  Before the craziness, they were readily available on Lazada (although Thai price were generally 20% or more higher than USA price - but not crazy high, 44000 baht, like the link provided by someone else in this thread).

• 2 months later...

I too am looking to buy a 2019 Shield Pro. Don't trust the sellers on Lazada. No history.

I seem to recall someone tried buying from Thai Nexus Man but cannot find any mention searching old posts. Any good? Recommend?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered 2 from Lazada, albeit before Covid. Even with taxes they were cheaper than local suppliers, and Amazon has you covered if they arrive DOA. Excellent returns even from here. No problems with Amazon deliveries currently, and you'll never pay more taxes than the amount they quote when you buy. Great boxes btw. I've had 2015, 2017 and now 2x 2019 versions.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:54 AM, touch said:

@RedCardinaldid you have any problems with an importing license? How did you have it shipped here?

Amazon.com take care of it all. Shipped via DHL. Arrived 4 days after order. You pay all I.port duties and tax at checkout. It was still far cheaper than local sellers, who won't offer any real warranty. These things rarely fail, but some do arrive DOA. Amazon are great for that - no cost to return to the US. DHL just come back to collect and Amazon refunds you. Great boxes. I have 2 pro versions. If you have a hdr TV really great watching Netflix and prime video.

13 hours ago, touch said:

I've tried buying Shields from Amazon twice now, both times have had to abandon them because they got stuck in customs. DHL said they required import licenses. Which model did you get? Total cost?

That's odd. I ordered 2. 2 separate deliveries. Both arrived within days. I've never had anything from amazon held up by customs. ATA guess, I'd say I got them in Jan or Feb this year. Both came with DHL.