Electric Bill

16 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

I can see where the 380 is coming from..

Your usage is between 800 and 3000 units.

So you're in 'class' 2.2 (check here)

The discount is 50% of the difference between Feb and <month> , for May it would then

(1704-944) / 2 = 380

Your bill for May would be calculated with 1324 units

Take 3% off that and that's your last bill.

Duh, I even saw "380" in my spreadsheet (May - Feb) and didn't join the dots. I've been mis-reading the PEA/MEA press-releases.

So does that mean that there will be discount for June and July too?

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Duh, I even saw "380" in my spreadsheet (May - Feb) and didn't join the dots. I've been mis-reading the PEA/MEA press-releases.

That we will find out next month. It depends on if the calculator is correct so we get a reduction for overpayments or if they do reduced bills

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We can't answer on that.

They didn't calculate month march (bill April) for me otherwise my bill would be much lesser this month which it isn't.

OR they will do next month, OR (in case they have hard time programming the calculations for past bills) they skip March and do the April, May and June month (in my case)

Also, I have found out that they (MEA) use the values of the bill that came in March (which is for usage 7th Feb to 7th Mar) and with Woodworker (PEA) they use the bill that came in February (usage Jan-Feb) and so is yours.

• Like 1

I've also found a way round the silly 5,000 Baht limit imposed by the PEA App for credit card payments ????

The Citibank scan and pay facility also won't pay "unable to proceed with this transaction", I'm not sure if that's because it's over 5k or just that Citi don't process PEA.

BUT if you have True Money Wallet and attach a credit card to it, lo and behold, you can scan the bill and it gets paid.

Handy when there's too much month left at the end of the money :whistling:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

(PEA) they use the bill that came in February (usage Jan-Feb) and so is yours.

Yes mine also. My April bill received 16th was calculated with the same number of units as the Feb bill but monetarily more as the Feb bill had a discount applied to it. Not seen any reduction for the bills in March and April.

The question Crossy asked is what I want to know. Can I let go with the A/C for the next month.........

Water Bill

It's a little OT but still utility like the electric is.

Today in the mailbox the bill for the water, and even they gives 'covid19 relief'.

I haven't seen this in the news.

I don't know why they printed 'ld(discount) 10 units' under consumption.

As the usage is still 17*0.15 = 2.55b

And the covid-19 discount is 96.90b , it's near 50% as the bill is 96.46b

Nice.

39400.jpg.19b1f5d2a7760b59679fd781430a38db.jpg

I found a text on the website of MWA.

In Thai:  " กปน. มอบสิทธิ์ใช้น้ำฟรี 10 คิว และลดค่าน้ำ 20 % ส่วนที่เกิน 10 คิว 3 เดือน "เพิ่มรายได้ ลดรายจ่าย" เพิ่มมาตรการบรรเทาความเดือดร้อนของประชาชนจาก COVID-19 "

Which translated by Google to. " MWA gives the right to use free water for 10 queues and reduce water 20% over 10 queue 3 months "increase income, reduce expenditure", increase the measures to alleviate the suffering of people from COVID-19 "

Which I think can be read as:  If under the 10m3 it's free and if more than 10m3 the bill will lower 20%.

On the web theres a picture from MWA, with different numbers.

image.png.5932f93b7dd31c04c6875e52005162c5.png

Of it could be, like it was with the electric bills, another relief and this picture one of the first.

Trying to find english versions but when I click'd on [EN] in those pages at MWA I got a error page.

Just got the next values. In my case the reduced months are probably April, May and June. At least it looks like this to me. 

Billing.png

Edited by Oldie

13 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

And about the same as yours in February (or March)? ????

Actually not far off, I put it down to my daughter-in-law staying with us last month, A/C on all night and half hour showers.....????

Got bill for last month today. (netmetered on the 7th of May)

39701.thumb.jpg.131b598ef4c8bbd285ef7328bfb746ae.jpg

I can now see what they have done.

Just the normal calculation of the usage, fees, and the Ft.

Then they took the units usage from the bill of March (usage February = 309 units ) and subtracted the difference, then added 7% tax.

I think this is just a made up print as you really can't get the 407.30b from 139units because of the on/off peak method, so they just did subtract the march bill with last month to get the 407.30b and did so with the total units from both months.

On this point you will have the same billing amount as the bill from the usage in February.

And from that they took off the 3%.

Et Voila