In patchwork restart, parts of New York and other U.S. states reopen

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You say people travel the border for buy alcohol, have haircut, have holiday. Not necessary.

= people will spread= people will die. Sure. 

My income less because covid, I really want go Phuket for buying some things. Six week already.

Frustrated. But I accept the rule. The rule is for good reason= stop people die.

If I die my income for what? 

No perfect answer for COVID problem. Must balance it. Buy alcohol, haircut, holiday NOT good for balance IMO.

Selfish make ir worse. 

It's necessary for the businesses that get customers from this. I will even pretend to believe you are actually a working Thai and say that Thailand itself will have to make a choice to open eventually. Otherwise Cambodia and other countries handled Covid better and will open up and eat your lunch. 

Again it sounds like you don't work for a living.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

No Federal Leadership. The President of the United States has basically said you're on your own. It's so preposterous, it is almost unbelievable. However if you have a big media news net to back up your bull-excrement. Amazing things can and do happen. 80,000 dead as of this weekend. 

Impossible know that how many dead if USA work together? 

Maybe less than 10,000 like other country? 

= 70,000+ dead because selfish?

Now spread a lot north (Canada) and south (Mexico, Brazil etc).

Trump complain about China, ignore himself.

New Zealand Do it best IMO. Successful, people work together. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Thailand itself will have to make a choice to open eventually. 

You should read news.

thailand start open already.

Sensible way. many rule = balance.

eg For people work, not for people drunk. 

• Haha 1

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

Likewise, sure some countries (Thailand included) have been classifying Covid related deaths as something else. Again, they must have their motives.

I know a long time thai expat who died suddenly of pneumonia of unexplained nature about three months back. Old, in his thirties. Another young pat person working in Japan. They were dead within  48 to 72 hours. I don't think they made it to the hospital it hit that suddenly.

Both ARE NOT classified as Wuhan Virus deaths. In both cases lack of tests at the times of death, prevented checking. I would not be surprised, no I would be shocked, if both these were NOT wuhan. If they saved tissue, it will eventually get tested and added to the lists. Yes one country that we know well, might NOT do that.

Everybody is talking about people added to lists that should not be, to bulk up numbers. or at least the tin hatters mewl about that. The two I know, are officially classified 'unexplained' at present.  BTW I had drinks with that kid, a decade back, at a soi 11 <deleted> up, shocked to learn he is gone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

No Federal Leadership. The President of the United States has basically said you're on your own. It's so preposterous, it is almost unbelievable. However if you have a big media news net to back up your bull-excrement. Amazing things can and do happen. 80,000 dead as of this weekend. 

My understanding of this is that it's a constitutional issue no?  The president can't issue stay at home orders to everyone in the US?  Honest question.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tlock said:

My understanding of this is that it's a constitutional issue no?  The president can't issue stay at home orders to everyone in the US?  Honest question.  

A little over a month ago, Trump suggested that the White House has power over states on deciding reopening of country. That launched the media into a week of hyperventilating that he was wrong and it was the rights of individual states to decide. I have never seen anything that would refute the latter. If states continue shutdowns beyond their useful life, they probably need to worry more about civil disturbance in the streets than what the White House is saying.

• Like 2