Missing cooking / baking ingredients

Again some basic ingredients that I did not find anywhere so far. I live in the Pattaya area but sources must not be restricted to this region.

1. Yeast (preferably FRESH yeast, instant variety only in emergency (now sold out at Big C Extra))

2. Rose Water

3. Curd (cream) cheese - NOT yoghurt. What is translated as "Sahnequark" in German

4. Bitter Almond Aroma

Maybe somebody came across one or more of these. Thanks for any hints.

As a part time hobby baking i can say that i never saw fresh yeast sold in big C due to it's short shelve life and no demand but i presume can be found in proper bakeries

as for the Cheese cream curds, not sure what it is, cream cheese one can use Philadelphia cheese and for cheese curds you will have to make yourself from basic

Rose water can be found in Arab groceries near soi Nana T.A.G Arab supermarket....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ezzra said:

As a part time hobby baking i can say that i never saw fresh yeast sold in big C due to it's short shelve life and no demand but i presume can be found in proper bakeries

as for the Cheese cream curds, not sure what it is, cream cheese one can use Philadelphia cheese and for cheese curds you will have to make yourself from basic

Rose water can be found in Arab groceries near soi Nana T.A.G Arab supermarket....

Thanks for the tip concerning Rose Water. Around Soi Nana would have been my guess as well. Will drop in once we are in BKK again and pick up some Ghee (in my Indian Shop there - and challenge them for Curry Leaves) as well.

Phildadelphia does not do the trick, consistency must be less tight. I will use it together with Mascarpone (readily available) to make me a so called "Käsesahnetorte". This is a quite exact term in German but a 100% proper translation is probably not possible.

Will have to talk to a local bakery owner about yeast and bitter almond aroma as well - there are some around here I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 9:47 AM, moogradod said:

Thanks for the tip concerning Rose Water. Around Soi Nana would have been my guess as well. Will drop in once we are in BKK again and pick up some Ghee (in my Indian Shop there - and challenge them for Curry Leaves) as well.

Phildadelphia does not do the trick, consistency must be less tight. I will use it together with Mascarpone (readily available) to make me a so called "Käsesahnetorte". This is a quite exact term in German but a 100% proper translation is probably not possible.

Will have to talk to a local bakery owner about yeast and bitter almond aroma as well - there are some around here I guess.

I have a bag of curry leaves that I picked up in Sri Lanka, I can send you a pack. They will grow roots but the time I use them all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

I have a bag of curry leaves that I picked up in Sri Lanka, I can send you a pack. They will grow roots but the time I use them all.

Thank you for your kind offer. Please give them to @norfolkandchance. I need a ressource from where I can order anytime. Obvbiously this is possible at "Shopee". The only thing preventing me from buying so far is the fact that I may for some strange reasons not register to their site (yet)

Edited by moogradod