Pattaya: "Drunk Russian" squares up to Thais after poor driving in the floods

rooster59

Pattaya: "Drunk Russian" squares up to Thais after poor driving in the floods

443-1280x720.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

A Thai man went on Facebook in an effort to track down a Foreign couple responsible for some poor driving in Pattaya.

Tossawas who posted on his page said that he and a mate were working in a motorcycle repair shop when a Ford Raptor pick-up on a raised chassis sped past during a heavy rainstorm on Thursday evening in Khao Noi.

Several motorcyclists who were stopped had their vehicles knocked over in the wake caused by the reckless driving. One was a pregnant woman.

2020-05-15_16-36-26.png

Tossawas, 26, and Wongsakorn, 20, gave chase and caught up with what they thought was a Russian couple on the railway road. A woman was driving.

The man got out and threatened them, said Tossawas before the couple sped off. He thought he was drunk.

They hope that by going on Facebook and giving some details about the car they would get the couple stopped.

No one was seriously injured. A video of the confrontation was made.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-16

• Like 2

Here we go again with Thais just guessing about the nationality of the couple in the vehicle.  Unless he has a modicum of intelligence and can understand the language of the couple he should know better than to guess at their nationality.

'nuf sed.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

Come on. It's easy to guess.:

Only drunk = Russian

Drunk + Lots of tattoos = British

Drunk + Bad body odor = French

Drunk + Blond = Scandinavian

Drunk + Non-stop talking = American

Drunk + fever + yelling = Chinese

Not drunk + Shisha smell = Arab

No2 Brit/German

• Like 2

The guy that got out of the Pickup Truck and " squared up "to the 2 Thais was probably about 1.95 Metres tall and would weigh in at around 125 Kg.

Just big enough to send a message to Somchai and Lek without even trying.

Both of them together would only weigh in at 100 Kg wet through - what bravado, they were probably hoping more Thais would join there pack for this one.

• Like 2

Racist rant: rented a house years ago in another country from ‘white russian’ (What the hell does that mean?) family They were all nasty drunks. All I have met were drunks, rude, arrogant, obnoxious and racist. All in all a quality race????

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Here we go again with Thais just guessing about the nationality of the couple in the vehicle.  Unless he has a modicum of intelligence and can understand the language of the couple he should know better than to guess at their nationality.

'nuf sed.

The two Thai's operate a bike repair shop, probably have met their fair share of Russian's in the past. Besides, don't all Russians say  " I am Russian Mafia " as soon as they start talking ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Come on. It's easy to guess.:

Only drunk = Russian

Drunk + Lots of tattoos = British

Drunk + Bad body odor = French

Drunk + Blond = Scandinavian

Drunk + Non-stop talking = American

Drunk + fever + yelling = Chinese

Not drunk + Shisha smell = Arab

Are you Australian then or do they only ride big bikes.

I can't understand why they call it reckless driving? Were they breaking the speed limit? Did they do something other than not driving at a snails pace in a flood that would surely have stopped them and flooded out their engine the same way it had other cars stopped. 

That water is over 10cm deep judging by the man standing in it. 

I would have gone as quickly through it as possible also to ensure I did not flood my tailpipe and cause thousands in damage to my engine if I had to drive through that.

This is not reckless. Reckless is a pregnant woman trying to drive a motorcycle through a flooded street and stopping in the middle of it. 

• Sad 1

Motorcyclists that were stopped. In 10cm rapidly moving floodwaters. The Ranger sped by, knocking them over. The 2 guys gave chase, doesn't say how but it appears they caught up with the Ranger.

Motorcyclists in pouring rain, stopped, in flood water. Best thing to be stopped. Best thing not to be out in the rain and flood water. 

'Sped' is subjective. Presumably the 'wave' or wash from the car driving through the flood water knocked the bikers over. Can happen at relatively slow speeds.

Caught up with the Ranger. Seems to me, either the Ranger was stopped for them to do tnis, or they were speeding faster than the Ranger to catch it.

Anyways, this is all so wrong on all levels and full of who did what to whom and guesswork and blarney, and I'm right and they're wrong and I'm more right than they are. Look at me, I chased and caught me some Russians. Ah, they are bigger than we are and very aggressive, maybe I'll run away.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

I can't understand why they call it reckless driving? Were they breaking the speed limit?

In most civilised countries, especially ones with police, if you drive fast enough to cause a wake bad enough to knock anyone over, it's called 'reckless driving'.

The most telling feature in my opinion is that - in any other country - once this happens, and you have a video, you take the video to the police and the offenders will be charged by the police.

In Thailand, they just post it on Facebook.

• Like 2