Nonthaburi police arrest foreigner in cocaine sting - no travel history or passport found

rooster59

Nonthaburi police arrest foreigner in cocaine sting - no travel history or passport found

sting.JPG

Image: 77kaoded

Thai media reported that Rattanathibet police in Nonthaburi conducted a drug buying sting at a gas station on Tiwanon Road on Thursday evening. 

They had arranged to buy 20 grams of cocaine for 100,000 baht from a foreigner called "Mike" who arrived on a Yamaha motorcycle.

But as officers revealed themselves outside the gas station toilets Mike got wise to the bust and ran off.

He was arrested 500 meters away after a brief on foot chase.

At his fifth floor condo in Sukhumvut Soi 93 more cocaine in pill form was found behind a fridge. Also at the address was the suspect's Thai girlfriend Phatcharapha, 27, from Udon.

She said she had known Mike, 21, for five months but knew nothing about drug dealing.

Immigrations biometrics system was consulted and Mike was found to have no travel history and no passport record.

He was saying nothing and his real name and nationality was not known.

Investigations continue; the pair are in custody and have been charged with possessing coke with intent to sell. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-16

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

He was arrested 500 meters away after a brief on foot chase.

At his fifth floor condo in Sukhumvut Soi 93 more cocaine in pill form was found behind a fridge. Also at the address was the suspect's Thai girlfriend Phatcharapha, 27, from Udon.

Why would he take them back to his condo where his stash was?  Why no photo of the "cocaine" only some cash?  Never get a complete news story, Mai pen rai

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

He looks to me like one of the thugs from South Central Los Angeles, and instead of calling them racist names, we called them African Americans, so if you think you know better then please enlighten me....

I've never understood why you can't just call them Americans?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I've never understood why you can't just call them Americans?

Neither could I, America is a mix of Races so we should have been called that, but according to the PC folks unless you were an American Indian you could not be called American, your nationality preceded the American....yet other countries use or race as American, such as Thailand. Yet I am Italian, Irish and Jewish....go figure that out, but I still have to put Caucasian down on US paperwork, and American on my paperwork for other countries. 

2 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

He definitely could be an African American.

He also could be an African French

But how you can tell that versus say an African African?

BTW I run into far more Nigerians & Caeranoons  engaged in questionable activities in thailand than  South Central LA thugs. Now that I think about it, I have never run into a South Central LA thug operating in Thailand.

Go Figure ?   ????

They and the HA's have formed an alliance for moving the product, and methamphetamines into the country, the Cameroonians and Jamaicans were moving the green bud in and the Heroin out, The Chinese were producing the fentanyl, MDMA, and  yaba tablets that are coming in from the north and going into Australia. The YA Ice was coming through Cambodia, but things do change all of the time....

1 minute ago, wombat said:

I've never understood the need for another countries name in front of America.....aren't you all just Americans ?

I tried that once but was told by the PC police that that was not a true detail and analysis of my nationality.  If people would stop the nationality comparisons then there would not be a race issue.  It is stupid to base who a person is based upon just there race.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, he doesn´t but what relevance does that have. A foreigner is considered to be a person from another country.

Well we know you are..........????.........................????

18 minutes ago, bodga said:

is that a race now then

It was just an identity and a religion, but then some bright eyed and bushy tale individual decided that it was a Race when he signed an executive order....not my idea, but it has caused many people to question it....Now being an Israeli, that is a Race...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-combating-anti-semitism

It goes along with the way drug arrests are also documented.  They are by documented by Race, Location and unfortunately leads people to associate one race type with types of crimes, or laziness...etc

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1