BANGKOK
Bender Rodriguez

Sweden - is the rest of the world dumb, blind or worse ?

1 hour ago, chessman said:

If you had looked at that link, you would have noticed that the JP Morgan one is included as a study that suggests lockdowns are not effective.

but the numbers are not the same, there are more studies suggesting that lockdowns are effective.

So then the issue is very much in dispute, yes?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

The economy is also effected with no lockdown. The governments did not just copy China, they did what they know is working; now, in 1918, and even further back through history.

The problem is the people that do not adhere to a lockdown, insisting on their right to endanger other people. An example: Back in 1711 Copenhagen was successful in keeping the plague away - until a boy from Helsingør (city of Hamlet fame) broke the lockdown and brought the plague to Copenhagen. 30 per cent of the population in Copenhagen died.

In 1711, bloodletting was medical science. Some other things have changed since then as well.

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

The economy is also effected with no lockdown. The governments did not just copy China, they did what they know is working; now, in 1918, and even further back through history.

The problem is the people that do not adhere to a lockdown, insisting on their right to endanger other people. An example: Back in 1711 Copenhagen was successful in keeping the plague away - until a boy from Helsingør (city of Hamlet fame) broke the lockdown and brought the plague to Copenhagen. 30 per cent of the population in Copenhagen died.

Copenhagen was never successful in keeping any plague away, it was repeatedly ravaged by plagues. These are just stupid scare stories to make people fall in line with a nonsensical stupid policy:

"In Copenhagen, the physician and antiquarian Ole Worm experienced six to seven major outbreaks in his lifetime, and he also distinguished plague from other epidemic diseases such as the malignant and contagious fever that ravaged Copenhagen in 1644-45. He was certainly familiar with plague, having lost first his oldest daughter in the 1618-20 outbreak, then his wife, his father and his brother-in-law in the 1629 outbreak and, finally, his second wife in the 1636-38 epidemic. Nowhere in his correspondance is there any indication, incidentally, that familiarity lessened the dread of the disease."

http://www.academia.dk/MedHist/Sygdomme/Pest/PDF/Pest-DK_Christensen_2003.pdf

Yeah, Copenhagen had the plague under control. Sure. Sure.

As for governments not copying China Neil Ferguson admitted publicly that he looked at China and took social distancing from there, figuring that China had it under control and they used it, so that was the reason he favoured it.

It's wonderful we have countries like Sweden, Japan, etc who never introduced full mandatory lockdowns, and yet still have miniscule death rates, so we can see that lockdowns are total nonsense.

The UK had lockdown Gestapo style, and still never managed to get the virus under control with lockdowns. 

Who are you kidding but yourself.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

It can only be said so many times. There is nobody "insisting on their right to endanger other people". If you are that scared, stay at home. Cower in fear all you would like. Nobody is stopping you. You have the right to stay home and fully protect yourself, and others have the right to go out. What is there not to understand here? 

The thing to understand is that the right you and others demand is not to decide whether to put yourself in harms way, it is to put other people in harms way too. I could not care less if you decide to risk your health or life by doing stupid things. I do care if you put other people at risk.

By the way, I don't think any of us is cowering in fear.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

^^and so to the conspiracy theories their true beliefs^^^

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, farang51 said:

The thing to understand is that the right you and others demand is not to decide whether to put yourself in harms way, it is to put other people in harms way too. I could not care less if you decide to risk your health or life by doing stupid things. I do care if you put other people at risk.

By the way, I don't think any of us is cowering in fear.

If Thaivisa had an auto response I could just type in "well then stay inside if you feel that way" and it would completely neutralize every one of your posts. 

Stay inside. If you are not scared, great. I am happy for you. You have the right to be safe as you want and stay inside. Nobody is endangering you... you are inside. 

Do I need an analogy so it sinks in? If you thought cars were horrendous death machines, you do not get to tell others to not drive them. You can however not drive one. and stay away from them all you would like. Nobody is stopping you. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1