BANGKOK
Bender Rodriguez

Sweden - is the rest of the world dumb, blind or worse ?

7 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

"Controlling the virus". You really think that? You really believe humans and politicians are "controlling this virus". 

One person started all this. If everything you believe were true unlocking would be a catastrophe in every country. The truth is that the infection curves we see country to country are very similar, whether strict lockdowns were implemented or not". 

It is easy to see the difference between you and I. We have an "earthquake" here if I may. You think humans and politicians can control it. You are very much mistaken. If it is going to take off again, it is going to take off again... cowering in your home is not going to save you.

In fact, inside a home is looking like it is turning out to be the worst place to be. But yeah, keep believing in those lockdowns. 

Ok then, I'll withdraw my offer so you can remain in your own tin foil bubble byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

We do happen to know economic shutdowns kill many. 

Go and look up what happened to mortality during the Great Depression in the USA. The results may surprise you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ok then, I'll withdraw my offer so you can remain in your own tin foil bubble byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ok so now we need to discuss whether or not tin foil can harbor the virus for any period of time.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chessman said:

Of all the ridiculous statements made on this thread, this is perhaps the most ridiculous.

One might as well argue that Somalia is a richer country than Switzerland and when questioned state that if I can find one Somali richer than a Swiss person it will prove my point.

it is the logic of the illogical.

Deflection,what's Somalia got to do with th e thread?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, chessman said:

Of all the ridiculous statements made on this thread, this is perhaps the most ridiculous.

One might as well argue that Somalia is a richer country than Switzerland and when questioned state that if I can find one Somali richer than a Swiss person it will prove my point.

it is the logic of the illogical.

Isn't most of Europe starting to look like Somalia?  So that analogy has problems and is confusing me.

1 minute ago, chessman said:

Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway

not difficult to find flaws in your argument.

I think at least one of these countries should be sacrificed for the common good.  I choose Sweden.  Which one would you choose?

• Haha 2

On 5/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, CanadaSam said:

Has anybody realized, that we are treating this covid thing as worse than the walking dead, but, I know nobody who got the virus, nor do I know anybody who got very sick and/or died from it, and I know a lot of people!

I believe the transmission rate of the virus is off the charts, basically unstoppable.

I know that most or all countries can not test everybody, and certainly not the ones who are not showing any symptoms.

Therefore, now, after a few long months, I have come to the conclusion that a LOT of people have been exposed to it, have not fell ill seriously, and certainly have not died.

But countries have.  Died.  Financially, and in many other ways, from these extremely drastic measures.

I have two or three friends and relations back in the Old Country who have suffered from the virus, and recovered (and presumably one or two more who have been infected without suffering) and their reported experience is that it was as bad as my Dengue.  We don't need another Dengue. 

Sadly, it now seems endemic in the USA, and many other countries, so the good work that so many countries have done to contain the virus will be wasted. 

On the bright side, it might kill less people in the USA than did the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan, but Truman might reasonably be said to have been at war with the Japanese people.  Trump, it seems, is at war with the American people.

32 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

Isn't most of Europe starting to look like Somalia?  So that analogy has problems and is confusing me.

no

2 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

It can only be said so many times. There is nobody "insisting on their right to endanger other people". If you are that scared, stay at home. Cower in fear all you would like. Nobody is stopping you. You have the right to stay home and fully protect yourself, and others have the right to go out. What is there not to understand here? 

People endanger me every time they drive a car. According to his logic, I should stay home until deaths from car accidents disappear. LOGIC FAIL.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Heppinger said:

I think at least one of these countries should be sacrificed for the common good.  I choose Sweden.  Which one would you choose?

As an American, I would choose Norway. That way, we could steal their oil. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Off-topic post reported and removed.

Sweden excluded as neighbours Denmark and Norway ease travel restrictions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1