BANGKOK
Bender Rodriguez

Sweden - is the rest of the world dumb, blind or worse ?

13 minutes ago, Logosone said:

But that NYT article you quoted from is all about infection rate:

"The coronavirus still has a long way to go. That’s the message from a crop of new studies across the world that are trying to quantify how many people have been infected."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/28/upshot/coronavirus-herd-immunity.html

Yes I know thats why I put their Herd Immunity graphic in the post so people like you were clear but obviously that was not enough. 

However the CDC did not consult the NY Times and decided to make their own estimates on death rate, NOT INFECTION rate, its pretty well all there in my post. If you like seek out the studies from France and Spain to, on their population infection rates of 5% and 4.4%

LOL..........excuse me while I catch my breath at your takeaway of it but I can't read it for you ........LOL

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I know thats why I put their Herd Immunity graphic in the post so people like you were clear but obviously that was not enough. 

However the CDC did not consult the NY Times and decided to make their own estimates on death rate, NOT INFECTION rate, its pretty well all there in my post. If you like seek out the studies from France and Spain to, on their population infection rates of 5% and 4.4%

LOL..........excuse me while I catch my breath at your takeaway of it but I can't read it for you ........LOL

Herd immunity refers to infection rates, no death rates. 

You took a graphic from a NYT article about infection rates, not death rates.

The article is clear, I think it's your mumbo jumbo that needs to be cleared up. If you rely on studies, you need to post links to them. That would avoid the confusion.

Just now, Logosone said:

Herd immunity refers to infection rates, no death rates. 

You took a graphic from a NYT article about infection rates, not death rates.

The article is clear, I think it's your mumbo jumbo that needs to be cleared up. If you rely on studies, you need to post links to them. That would avoid the confusion.

Oh dear.......................I'm referring to several different articles actually if you read it: 

"I have not linked to the above studies purely because if you are interested enough then you can easily find them on Google." or mumbo jumbo for you

44 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh dear.......................I'm referring to several different articles actually if you read it: 

"I have not linked to the above studies purely because if you are interested enough then you can easily find them on Google." or mumbo jumbo for you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this has been discussed somewhere else.

Czech Republic opens up June 15, with no quarantine and no covid testing for countries in the green zone.

For countries such as Sweden and UK, that are in the red zone, a covid test will be required both ways.

For countries in the yellow zone, covid test one way.

As I stated before, we here in Europe like to be proactive in regards to avoiding mandatory quarantine, whilst we open up travelling.

https://www.praguemorning.cz/map-where-czech-residents-are-allowed-to-go-from-june-15/

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

Speaking of lockdowns affecting economies, it seems Sweden is doing pretty well during all of this, which makes sense. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/29/coronavirus-swedens-gdp-actually-grew-in-the-first-quarter.html

Of course the media is going to spin all of this. That is so obvious. If you don't realize that the media will be biased against Sweden's approach, it is impossible to have a conversation. No matter how well Sweden does they will say horrible things about them, because the truth is Sweden is currently exposing countries like America to be the fumbling idiots they are. 

I think there's a time and place for lockdowns in certain circumstances, however, it encouraging that Swedens economy is not suffering as bad as the rest of the world and if Swedens model does turn out to have been the best play for them, then serious takeaways need to be looked at from other countries of course and I'll bet Boris and Trump will be kicking themselves sure. 

However I don't think media will put a spin on this as their the ones that are reporting it from your link.

Sweden has currently only given figures for its population infection rate in Stockholm of 7.3%, its still a long way to go and also for the rest of the country. We're waiting for those as that seems to be the target that they have set themselves in this.

Sweden are using Immunity tests to test as many people as they can, as these give a far more accurate picture of population infection percentage. The PCR tests only give a snaphot at that given time. Of course they combine both.

Edited by Bkk Brian

Posted (edited)

Edited by Bkk Brian
deleted mistake

On 5/16/2020 at 7:43 PM, Bender Rodriguez said:

google:  corona sweden somali

Interesting...  I wonder if it is a result of lifestyle or social conditions

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

In the UK, the govt wanted lockdown, the opposition wanted lockdown, the media especially wanted lockdown, there were only a few lone voices arguing for no lockdown such as Peter Hitchens, so most will try to just sweep this under the carpet and say hindsight is a beautiful thing, but there is no way future epidemics can be tackled the same way, just way too costly and that's only just beginning to unfold

I'm not so sure about that. If the ones in power think a lockdown will help them to stay in power, win the next election, they will go for it, no matter the destruction and damage it causes - for others.

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

But, do I even need to say it, locking down has severe consequences that far outweigh and benefits of those deaths when not locking down.

Are you saying life is secondary to ??

• Like 1