Jump to content
BANGKOK
Bender Rodriguez

Sweden - is the rest of the world dumb, blind or worse ?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Then why did you say

 

We were discussing Quarter 1.

 

From your own link: Q1 refers to Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar)

 

From Jan to Feb is not 3 months, gerikid.

I did not  use the rolling 3 month data as Q1 data. Go back and read my original post. I showed the Q1 data. The use of the rolling data was to refute your claim that the UK was in economic collapse.

 

You keep insisting that the downturn in the GDP is due to lockdown. Aside from the fact that there was no lockdown, the data was consistent with the ongoing trend and had actually improved. Q4 2019  had been flat. The trend from December 2019 through February was a slight improvement. Your argument was that there was a negative result. It is obvious that you are confusing the economic damage caused by Covid 19 in general with the direct impact of the lockdown. There was no lockdown in the UK until the end of March. 

 

Everytime you get caught, you come up with another excuse.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SAAB 9000 was also a great car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is getting silly. It is "the sky is not blue", the "earth is not round" territory. 

 

UK's economy has fared worse than Sweden's so far. We will wait and see how that pans out long term, but the UK is being affected more as of now. 

 

When you argue points this ridiculous, it makes it so much clearer that you have NO point. People obsess on ridiculous facets of arguments when their argument is failing. That is what is going on here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

This is getting silly. It is "the sky is not blue", the "earth is not round" territory. 

 

UK's economy has fared worse than Sweden's so far. We will wait and see how that pans out long term, but the UK is being affected more as of now. 

 

When you argue points this ridiculous, it makes it so much clearer that you have NO point. People obsess on ridiculous facets of arguments when their argument is failing. That is what is going on here. 

I particularly liked his Harlem Shuffle "There was no lockdown" "The lockdown was put in only on 23 March", "How can it be due to lockdown".... so funny. 

 

But then this is the same guy who argued the world will end because there's no immunity to the virus.

 

Wrong yet again.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

nice CHERRY picking

 

the news was about PROTECTING the seniors in the retirement homes

 

that is what they should have done

 

not the sheeple lockdown and destruction of the economy

 

Old, sick people die with chronic diseases, every day, before & after this fake pandemic

 

Belgium did she great, right ... almost 10.000 people dead

 

most.... old, sick people with chronic diseases...

 

Maar in de realiteit zijn het de ouderen in de woonzorgcentra die het slachtoffer zijn geworden van het coronavirus. Bijna de helft van de 4.400 Zweden die aan het virus zijn overleden, waren bejaarden.

 

Ik spreek toevallig ook NEDERLANDS...

 

 

so here you see, more sheeple copy paste panic spreaders at work...

 

The news was more than just about protecting seniors. He is suggesting quite rightly that until the outcomes of different measures around the world are known then nobody will find out which have been correct.

 

Tegnell has not yet found an answer to what measures Sweden should have taken. "All other countries have introduced many things at the same time, so you have the problem that you don't know which measure had the best effect. Maybe we will find out now that the rules are being unloaded one by one."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Logosone said:

Not at all. It says right there:

 

"In the first quarter, UK GDP fell 2 per cent compared with the previous quarter, its largest drop since the financial crisis."

 

https://www.ft.com/content/64ec173c-d397-43b7-a5f9-8b511a0f5204

 

Plus of course gerikid was claiming you can't count the first quarter (ie March) at all. Yet the FT makes clear that already in March the UK GDP fell by 5.8 per cent, with much worse to come. All due to lockdown.

There you go again.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Logosone said:

I particularly liked his Harlem Shuffle "There was no lockdown" "The lockdown was put in only on 23 March", "How can it be due to lockdown".... so funny. 

 

But then this is the same guy who argued the world will end because there's no immunity to the virus.

 

Wrong yet again.

 


Yeah, he mixes facts willy nilly, creating half truths. The point is probably just enjoying bickering. I stopped responding to him a while ago, it’s just a waste of time. There are enough others here which are able to listen and to raise interesting points, giving me food for thought.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coronavirus: Sweden's Tegnell admits too many died

03 June 2020

 

 

Sweden's controversial decision not to impose a strict lockdown in response to the Covid-19 pandemic led to too many deaths, the man behind the policy, Anders Tegnell, has acknowledged.

Sweden has seen a far higher mortality rate than its nearest neighbours and its nationals are being barred from crossing their borders.

Dr Tegnell told Swedish radio more should have been done early on.

 

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52903717

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about the weird text format of my above post but the mobile Opera browser does not allow me to change text size in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Puccini said:

Coronavirus: Sweden's Tegnell admits too many died

03 June 2020

 

 

Sweden's controversial decision not to impose a strict lockdown in response to the Covid-19 pandemic led to too many deaths, the man behind the policy, Anders Tegnell, has acknowledged.

Sweden has seen a far higher mortality rate than its nearest neighbours and its nationals are being barred from crossing their borders.

Dr Tegnell told Swedish radio more should have been done early on.

 

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52903717

This was discussed two pages above, also including the parts missing in the BBC report. Anders Tegnell is obviously one of the few who is able to review and learn. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...