BANGKOK
Bender Rodriguez

Sweden - is the rest of the world dumb, blind or worse ?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

One question though, if you did fall seriously ill would you accept immune therapy, which isn't that much different?

You'd need to specify the illness and the proposed treatment.

And I'd look up the chances of success and possible side-effects first.

Vaccination for trivial disease like COVID, mumps, measles, flu, no.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not if you were seriously ill in hospital with Covid19?  It would be a plasma drip- essentially antibodies taken from patients who previously had the illness but recovered. It's already being trialed in UK.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Not if you were seriously ill in hospital with Covid19?

Unlikely as I had it in Feb.

Nasty earache and a bit of a cough, not much in the way of fever.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Was your Covid-19 confirmed with a PCR test?

I had the same symptoms towards the end of February and got two tests: negative for SARS-CoV-2, positive for influenza type A.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Was your Covid-19 confirmed with a PCR test?

I had the same symptoms towards the end of February and got two tests: negative for SARS-CoV-2, positive for influenza type A.

There sure were a couple of really nasty bugs around even before covid19 rolled in to town, and in my case one was made worse because of a tendency toward tonsillitis.  Thus, in October last year I was hit by an acute illness where I near coughed and puked myself to death within 24 hours, and this was followed by tonsillitis.  I was quite ill for a few days but nothing compared to that initial 24 hours.  I am not exaggerating it's ferocity or effect on me.  Around February, there was a detailed report of a south Asian guy who died of an acute ailment where those symptoms were the same; he was later found slumped in the train bathroom having died of respiratory failure.  The difference was he had covid19, while I accept I just had something else, after all my event happened out of the timeline, and my wife and daughter just suffered what appeared to me to be strep throat.

My point is that unless someone has actually been tested, or perhaps ended up on an oxygen, or was around someone who was confirmed, it's impossible to tell whether it was covid19, and most likely wasn't.  The irony is there will be others, perhaps many more, who actually have had the little beastie but who are completely unaware- perhaps they've even spent the last few months cowering under the bedsheets spraying alcohol gel in every orifice.😀

Edited by mommysboy

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Being an elderly person can say ......... not in this life.

You want a vaccine, you take it, no need to force one on me, I'll take my chances.

The odd thing about pro-vaccination people.

If you're confident the vaccine works, and does no harm, why do you insist on me having it too?

Becaue there are people who can not have the vaccine for various underlying reasons. People who refuse to take vaccines just because they don't want them are putting these people at risk due to their own selfisfness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Measles is not a trivial disease.

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/05-12-2019-more-than-140-000-die-from-measles-as-cases-surge-worldwide

3 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

Becaue there are people who can not have the vaccine for various underlying reasons. People who refuse to take vaccines just because they don't want them are putting these people at risk due to their own selfisfness.

Let the weak die, so the strong may survive and reproduce more strong.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If we took this attitude generally, then most of us would have died a long time ago.  We're all weak!

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, because they do not know what they are doing." And they divided His clothes and cast lots.

40 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

If we took this attitude generally, then most of us would have died a long time ago.  We're all weak!

Speak for yourself, I ain't no mommysboy!

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

There may be other reasons people cannot have a vaccine.

I see trump has bought the worlds supply of redesivir for the next 3 months. 500,000 vials at about $3k a vial. So only in the US can you have it, if it works.

So if a vaccine is done, be ready for trump to buy the lot.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:38 AM, BritManToo said:

Did you receive the confirmatory tests? The common Thai procedure is one test at time of diagnosis, followed by another test  at 15 days. There was a bad cold going around in Jan/Feb. I had it including sore throat, fatigue, bad fever for a few days and persistent cough. It was not Covid 19.

• Like 1