Pattaya: Drunk driver caught on CCTV slamming into attendant at gas station then fleeing

rooster59

Pattaya: Drunk driver caught on CCTV slamming into attendant at gas station then fleeing

22-511-1280x720.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

Police were called a PTT gas station in the Theppasit area of Pattaya during the hours of curfew this morning after reports of an assault 

Witnesses said that a drunk man who had been consuming beer opposite the gas station came in to try and buy cigarettes and make trouble.

An argument ensued in which the man, aged about 25 to 30, claimed a pump attendant had been rude to him.

He threatened to punch him then got in his car and drove at the attendant sending him flying before heading off in the direction of south Pattaya.

The attendant was injured on the floor of the staff rest area when police and rescue arrived to see him to hospital.

77kaoded said that police hope clear CCTV images of tbe incident will lead them to the person responsible.

A car matching the description of the one used was found nearby.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-16

• Sad 1

Probably performed by one of their own and not one of us.  Every time it is a tourist/visitor the media has a field day as if the action is a confirmation of what some Thais think of us, (e.g. reread some of the comments made by politicians over the past several months) even though it has been foreigners who have propped up the economy for many years.  What a change it must be to report such an event in that manner but I note the report is not lengthy because it does involve a Thai.

'nuf sed 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

How can the violator claim anything without being interviewed?

amazes me every time that fleeing the scene is such normal behavior here....really a poor job by DMV stressing the severity of fleeing an accident scene....only criminals even think about fleeing the scene...not normal 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

amazes me every time that fleeing the scene is such normal behavior here....really a poor job by DMV stressing the severity of fleeing an accident scene....only criminals even think about fleeing the scene...not normal 

It's perfectly normal in Thailand. Different country, different culture. In Thailand no-one accepts responsibility for anything. Where I come from little children do that, but by the time they reach school age most have learned to own up. In Thailand, many people remain at the mental age of a child.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

That's at least five Wai's, a week as a Monk and 500 Baht fine !

Oh that much? I would of thought 200 Baht would be enough after all the attendant did not die. Best forget about doing the Monk thing otherwise he be entilted to a new mobile Phone.But most important he must do that Wai. Its good to see Thailand getting back to normal 

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A car matching the description of the one used was found nearby.

Doing what he did then fleeing the scene and "leaving the car" somewhere nearby... 

Throw the book at him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

When I worked in Uganda and Indonesia standard procedure was to, if possible and your vehicle is operable, flee the accident scene and proceed to the nearest police station.  Mobs gather quickly and soon get out of control especially if you are a mazungu, bule or farang!  In Uganda, the locals would abandon their vehicle and run - fearful of the mob which quickly gathers!

23 hours ago, YetAnother said:

o let's see, 1) violating curfew 2) driving drunk 3) assault causing injury 4) fleeing the scene 5) stupid ;quite the winner

but what WILL happen to the person??

500 baht fine.....slap on the wrist....comes to mind....!!

On 5/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, DPKANKAN said:

But then if after curfew, why is the petrol station open????????????????????

The gas station was legally open to serve people who have permission to be out during curfew hours, like medical staff, law enforcement, delivery drivers, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1