Pattaya: It's full of desperate and starving homeless people who threaten resurgence of Covid-19, says Thai media.

rooster59

Pattaya: It's full of desperate and starving homeless people who threaten resurgence of Covid-19, says Thai media.

33-363-1280x720.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded toured Pattaya last night and found many homeless people on the streets.

Starving, dirty and desperate people were in business doorways, outside convenience stores and on beach road.

This was a deplorable situation, they said, and threatened a rise in crime and spread of the coronavirus after the resort appeared to have things under control. 

They gave no evidence as to why their assertions might be thus.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-16

2020-05-16_8-37-58.png

2020-05-16_8-38-48.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

I am guessing they would normally be sleeping on the beach?

Of course this is not allowed but it would be more comfortable that hard concrete.

My thoughts exactly, is there not one safe sandy hidden cubby hole to get some privacy n sleep there?

Just odd, does the store front present safety for that dude?  If it were me at a beach town Id be somewhere private, softer and quiet, maybe hearing the waves crashing....seems pretty open to me....just saying....but guess thais are used to sleeping on the floor on a bamboo mat anyway....nice hand truck, think somebody would swipe it in these trying times and try to sell it....or use it to loot more!

56 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

I am guessing they would normally be sleeping on the beach?

Of course this is not allowed but it would be more comfortable that hard concrete.

Would be cleaner 

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

They should come at not Corona times and look what kind of people are hanging around for instance on the Beach Road at night... 

What are you doing there ???? ?

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

well round them up and test them 

another stupid article

I am in Pattaya now and I don't see much if any homeless people anywhere and I have a scooter and cruise around often.  I have been here for 9 days and have had one person ask me for change.   If there any numbers of homeless about they are hiding out from the police that patrol after curfew but it doesn't seem to be an issue.....yet.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

The Mayor of Pattaya voiced concerns 2/3 weeks about the plight of these folk sleeping rough...of course nothing gets done...at least they are getting well fed thanks to the local business (mainly farang) folk..????

My wifes friend owns a business and she gives out food every morning ,so to be honest do lots of other places ,even immigration have free food .

• Like 2

Many of the Wats in Chiang Mai feeding the poor people more than likely in Pattaya as well. People who live there probably see it and farangs see it is well when they leave there upscale condo. Never understand why some people think it is ok to make fun and put down people who are in hard times. 

Edited by moe666
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They gave no evidence as to why their assertions might be thus.

That's because it's a lie. There is no COVID left so these people not only aren't at risk of becoming infected they certainly aren't at risk of spreading it around.

When the Chinese come back more COVID will come with them, there will certainly be no herd immunity in most of China as they locked down travel inside the country. In the end there will be one country that's vulnerable to COVID and that's China.

• Like 1

Well I didn't read the article carefully (early first cuppa and I don't really care) but as a part time resident of Pattaya off and on for 20 years I didn't see anything unusual from the pictures.  There have always been people sleeping rough there.  Day and night.

Perhaps there are more now but difficult to judge from pictures.