90 Day Report (In person)

I  have to do my first ever 90-day report next week. I searched the forum and saw a couple entries about 90-day online reporting but not in-person reporting. I know I don't HAVE to do the reporting because of the COVID-19 situation but I would rather do it now than wait to see what transpires after 31 July. Does anyone have a list of the documents I need to bring with me to the office in Samui?  Thank you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

You only need to fill out the TM-47 form. 

Must be dependant on office, I have never filled out a TM-47 for as long as I remember (15 years) all done on the system in Udon, just give them the PP, they do the rest.

6 minutes ago, lom said:

Because he is smart and doesn't want to end up in the queue chaos that will be when everyone who has waited until the last day gather to do their reporting.

Exactly, I just posted mine here in BKK via EMS few days ago, last thing I want is those flip-flopers giving me grief for any crapola they may come up with.

23 minutes ago, lom said:

Because he is smart and doesn't want to end up in the queue chaos that will be when everyone who has waited until the last day gather to do their reporting.

Really ok  Also i think the government will extend again Ever think of that one?

19 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Exactly, I just posted mine here in BKK via EMS few days ago, last thing I want is those flip-flopers giving me grief for any crapola they may come up with.

I find the Immigration in Ubonratchathani pretty reasonable. Sure you get the odd rogue officer but overall they are very helpfull I find though they seem to work of there own set of rules instead of all offices working on the same platform Like one rule at this immigartion office another rule at another one 

33 minutes ago, CGW said:

Must be dependant on office, I have never filled out a TM-47 for as long as I remember (15 years) all done on the system in Udon, just give them the PP, they do the rest.

This is the O/Ps first report. The TM-47 is required to bring him onto the system. From there on, just as you say, not required. Er, that includes Udon Thani by the way, where I first reported.

53 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

This is the O/Ps first report. The TM-47 is required to bring him onto the system. From there on, just as you say, not required. Er, that includes Udon Thani by the way, where I first reported.

OK, my first report was in Pattaya, barely remember what I did yesterday never mind 15 years ago ???? 

Even for visa extensions etc I have never filled a form out for many years, IO does it all online then gives me form to sign.

19 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

You only need to fill out the TM-47 form. 

I've never in my 13 years of extensions and 90-days reports seen a TM-47 form at Samui Immigration, we normally just write the address on a small paper slip and give it together with the passport,

I have a small piece of paper scotch-tapes to my pasport, so I don't need to fill in the same old address again-and-again, and that has worked excellent on Samui for the last 10 years...????

Don't mind what they do in other places, this is about Samui Immigration that sometimes have their own rules.

But of course, you can always try to bring a filled in TM-47 form, they'll probably accept it, and if they demand it, they'll hand you a form to fill in.

They might even wish their own form to be used, and not a downloaded ditto. I talk from experience with other forms. Therefore I always ask for my next extension-of-stay form at the immigration office when doing the last 90-day report before applying for extension, so I don't need to rewrite everything in the office, because I didn't use their print of a form with an added line for mandatory E-mail address, which is not accepted handwritten, need to be their printed "E-mail:_________"...????

For my 1 year retirement extension, as my source of income, i used the "money in Bank" route and was told to bring the bank letter + account statement at the first 90 day report again, to show that i still have the money (100 Baht at the Bank for the letter) .

It´s ok, but their super, extra, special, non downloadable samui-forms are pissing me off . . .

• 2 weeks later...

To close the loop on this topic.....today I went to the immigration office, about 3:30PM maybe. 5 people inside seated. I get my number, sit 5 seconds before being called to the window, give my passport, TM-6 and TM-47, and get my receipt and documents returned in about one minute. So, a 3 minute total visit time to the office. VERY GLAD I did this as who knows what it will be like there after 1 July. 

• Like 1

I did mine last week at Lopburi office  place empty ,filled out the form, yet again ,some times it is done by the IO but not for a long time .in and out in 15 minutes. 

Did my retirement extension back in April ,again place empty in and out in 35 minute and that included filling out or just signing 5 forms, gets more every year. 

• Like 1

I'm due to do a 90 day report this coming week. Renewed my extension in January, and was supposed to do 90 day in March, but was out of the country.

My question is, "Will I need to take an up to date bank statement and copy of all pages of bank book along when I do the report?

TIA

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I'm due to do a 90 day report this coming week. Renewed my extension in January, and was supposed to do 90 day in March, but was out of the country.

My question is, "Will I need to take an up to date bank statement and copy of all pages of bank book along when I do the report?

TIA

I stay on retirement 800k baht deposit rule, I was not asked about proof. when I did my in person 90-day report.

Last time I did imy 90-day report by Internet – actually, it's very easy and I quickly got my receipt – and there is no request, nor option, for proof of deposit.

But I think by next renewal we will need to show that our 800k baht balance were kept 3 month after extension of stay was granted, and the deposit never got under 400k baht until next 800k baht mature season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

I stay on retirement 800k baht deposit rule, I was not asked about proof. when I did my in person 90-day report.

Last time I did imy 90-day report by Internet – actually, it's very easy and I quickly got my receipt – and there is no request, nor option, for proof of deposit.

But I think by next renewal we will need to show that our 800k baht balance were kept 3 month after extension of stay was granted, and the deposit never got under 400k baht until next 800k baht mature season.

KhunPer.  How did you do your 90 day report online?  Which website? I have done a  search on Thai Visa but cannot find anything.

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

KhunPer.  How did you do your 90 day report online?  Which website? I have done a  search on Thai Visa but cannot find anything.

Attached a small file with the web-site address, as well as any issues you might encounter when doing your 90-day reporting on-line (including how to tackle them).

Note: The search-function of ThaiVisa is worthless, but you can simply use google and type 'thaivisa' followed by your search-term, which works fine.

90-day reporting website trouble-shooting.txt

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NickNick said:

There were quite a number of people at the Immigration Dept. this morning doing their 90 day report - I was there to get papers to renew my driving licence, but because my 90 day report is due later this month, I was wondering about the requirement for the  bank statement and letter, so I watched very closely and no one handed over a bank statement nor a letter from the bank. A French guy then came and sat next to me, he was doing his 90 day too,  and he also stated that he had not been asked for proof of the money in the bank either.

It are 2 completely unrelated reports.

The 90-day report is simply to confirm that you are still living at the same place as previously reported, and it is a nation-wide requirement which can be done by mail, on-line or in person at your local IO.

The bank-balance check 90 days after your 1-year retirement extension to prove that the 800K is still on your personal thai bank-account when using the money-in-bank method, is only required afaik at the Jomtien and UdonThani IOs, and has to be done in person.

I hope that none of the other thai IOs will get inspired by that bank-balance check example of Jomtien and UdonThani, as it would mean a big hassle for retirees using the money-in-bank method and living far away from their local IO.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

It are 2 completely unrelated reports.

The 90-day report is simply to confirm that you are still living at the same place as previously reported, and it is a nation-wide requirement which can be done by mail, on-line or in person at your local IO.

The bank-balance check 90 days after your 1-year retirement extension to prove that the 800K is still on your personal thai bank-account when using the money-in-bank method, is only required afaik at the Jomtien and UdonThani IOs, and has to be done in person.

I hope that none of the other thai IOs will get inspired by that bank-balance check example of Jomtien and UdonThani, as it would mean a big hassle for retirees using the money-in-bank method and living far away from their local IO.

You might be correct, but bear in mind the immigration officies might have slightly different regulations in various areas, some people at Koh Samui immigratio has however reported, that they been asked to show bank statement when doing 90-day report...

7 hours ago, phetphet said:

7 hours ago, phetphet said:

I use this link, very easy peasy...????

Edited by khunPer
spelling...

13 minutes ago, khunPer said:

You might be correct, but bear in mind the immigration officies might have slightly different regulations in various areas, some people at Koh Samui immigratio has however reported, that they been asked to show bank statement when doing 90-day report...

Thanks for the link, very useful for all those reporting to Samui OI.

Question > When you do your 90-day report on-line your do not need to provide evidence of your bank-balance.  So why would they require it when you do your 90-day report in person? 

Edited by Peter Denis

56 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Those two cases was a year ago, I have not heard of anyone recently being asked to bring proof of money staying in the account so if you were not being told to bring that for your next 90-day report then don't.

Checking during the year is not something they can do while at the same time allow 90-day report over internet but they will ultimately notice when you apply for your next 1-year extension since they require to see your bank book at that time.

Edited by lom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for the link, very useful for all those reporting to Samui OI.

Question > When you do your 90-day report on-line your do not need to provide evidence of your bank-balance.  So why would they require it when you do your 90-day report in person? 

As it was said in the IO thread by that time, the rules were new. When I did my renewal of extension of stay in October, nothing was mentioned about proof of deposit. I however brought my deposit bank book with me for the first 90-day report (in person), but nobody asked about any proof. Several others reported the same around that time, and later.

The linked thread is pinned in the Samui forum and extremely useful to us local expats for up-to-date information, as Samui Immigration is known for being strict. We need for example a fresh health certificate for extension of stay based on retirement; and a downloaded form might not be accepted, in some cases it need to be the one printed by them only. Some little things often change before next year's application, which is not too bad if you live round the corner to the immigration office, but is bad if you come by ferry or boat from a neighboring island...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NickNick said:

I made a comment on what I saw because since getting my extension of stay last year I have been asked for a bank statement and a letter from the bank on each and every occasion on doing my 90 days since then. I have a 90 days report to do later this month and I will let you know what happens.

Wow, what's your IO?

Hope this dreadful practice does not spread to other IOs.

Are you able to do your 90-day report on-line, or are you reporting to one of those rare IOs that want you to do the 90-day report in person? 

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Wow, what's your IO?

Hope this dreadful practice does not spread to other IOs.

Are you able to do your 90-day report on-line, or are you reporting to one of those rare IOs that want you to do the 90-day report in person? 

Not to answer rude – it's just a kind reminder – but your have even yourself mention "Samui IO", and so have other posters several times, and the thread is in the local Samui-Phangan-Tao forum, so to presume we are discussing Samui Immigration Office would be quite relevant...????

15 hours ago, NickNick said:

I made a comment on what I saw because since getting my extension of stay last year I have been asked for a bank statement and a letter from the bank on each and every occasion on doing my 90 days since then. I have a 90 days report to do later this month and I will let you know what happens.

Make me think of, if it could have to do with how the 800k baht has been deposit, and the the extension of stay history?

As I posted earlier, I was never asked about proof of funds – apart from the usual bank letter and three month statement when applying for a one-year extension of stay based on retirement – but I have my deposit in a 12-month fixed account, the same account used for several years with the money stuck there all time.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, khunPer said:

I use this link, very easy peasy...????

I know the original thread was about doing our 90 day report in person...and not wishing to hijack it too much, but I got my 90 day report Approved online today. I signed up to the app on Android about 6 weeks ago and all went well, a few days ago it I was in the window it allows you to do the report...the app won't even link now! ????

So I thought I'd give the online version a shot...as Khun Per says, easy peasy, I'm using Win 10 and Firefox and didn't have one problem completing the form, and today at about 10am I received an email saying my report was approved ????...anything that reduces my trips to Samui Immigration is well loved ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1