BANGKOK
Aspaltso

When will international postal service resume?

I have several pieces of mail I need sent to me from the U.S. I previously saw information staying that postal service would t resume until after May 31. I know FedEx, and other couriers are available, but don't want to go that route due to cost. When will I be available to receive mail via post from the U.S?

• Like 1

Jai yen yen.

• Haha 2

On May 7 I received a registered letter from the USA.

• Like 1

Just checked yesterday on a small package that was sent april 27th arrived yesterday at Bangkok

• Like 1

A family member sent me something from IN in the U.S. five weeks ago by two-week mail and it hasn't arrived yet. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just checked yesterday on a small package that was sent april 27th arrived yesterday at Bangkok

2-3 wks is pretty good considering the current situation.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

2-3 wks is pretty good considering the current situation.

you wont hear me complaining .🙂

• Like 1

Our local post office stopped delivering ordinary mail years ago when they got overwhelmed by parcels. Since then they just throw away mail (envelopes) and only deliver parcels. Occasionally we get some envelope randomly, maybe six months late or so, usually a bill. We have to pay all our bills at the different companies offices.

• Like 1

I got a regular letter from the US last week.  Told my sister before it arrived that it would likely be returned to her and then it showed up.  

The UK restarted international postal services over a week ago, but they've got a big backlog to clear and with so few flights to places like Thailand I don't think we'll see "Express Mail" here for a while.

• Like 1

I ordered several items from China about 2 months ago and they still haven't arrived. I'm wondering if the world will ever get back to the way it was before the virus hit. Probably not if we accept all the restrictions and regulations put in place that have taken our freedoms and rights away in guise of "protecting" us.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

A family member sent me something from IN in the U.S. five weeks ago by two-week mail and it hasn't arrived yet. 

I have regularly gotten my US mail forwarded to me in Thailand the last few years. These last few months have definitely been severely impacted and delayed. The last two envelopes I received earlier this month took 5 weeks, last year 2 weeks was normal.